Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Good Batch, Damansara Utama (Uptown)

Address:
53, SS21/1A, Damansara Uptown, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Opening Hours:
Tue - Fri:
11:00 am - 12:00 am
Sat:
9:00 am - 12:00 am
Sun:
9:00 am - 11:00 pm
Time Visited:
Close to dinnertime, around 6:46pm on a Friday evening
Attire worn:
Business
Item Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A Californian (V) and Hanami Tea
Described in the menu, the Californian (V) consists of two organic scrambled eggs (organic or not, there's no difference to the taste), a side of capsicum and onion confit, fresh white button mushrooms, a vine of cherry tomatoes (which are 3 in total) and a lightly toasted bread.

The Hanami tea is lovely. Flowery in smell and taste and light. A tea that's suitable for my taste. Gryphon Tea in Malaysia at the moment is only available through Coffex Coffee, the official distributor (aside from the restaurants/cafe that purchase from them, of course). It's a Flowery Green Tea Blend that's unique. Anyway, enough of that wonderful tea. Now let's get down to the breakfast that I ordered for dinner which they called as "Mains".

The bread was fluffy and sublime even though no butter was added and it's just plain bread yet it taste wonderful. The cherry tomatoes did their job as well and the button mushrooms were in it's element. The capsicum and onion confit was somehow strangely pleasant to eat while though I'm not a salad person, the small salad pile was bearable enough for me to finish off. A little disappointed that they didn't toss the salad when they dress it because all the dressing were at the top and being on my plate that's close to other things, it's not easy for me to move it about. The scrambled eggs were seasoned just right but unfortunately, there were egg shells in them which ruined my mood of eating. This would've been the perfect meal were it not invaded by the intruding egg shells on my scrambled eggs.

Lighting of the place is as dim-lit as my room which puts me at ease. The place does have some woody feel to it which gives out a quaint atmosphere.

The wait staffs were attentive and know their boundaries on when to approach me. It made me feel at ease and not a slight bit of discomfort although being a lone diner. After me, there were one more individual who entered the premise on her own and appears to be solo as well. Hence, it's safe to say, it's comforting enough for a lone diner.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM34.10. Contains 10% service charge and 6% government tax.

Final Verdict:
7/10. If it weren't for those eggshells in my scrambled eggs, I would've given it an 8.

0 comments:

Post a Comment