Monday, May 25, 2015

The Morning After Cafe (TMA), Oasis Village, Oasis Square, Ara Damansara

Address:
G40(?) Oasis Village, Oasis Square, No. 2 Jalan PJU 1A/7A, Oasis Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya. (Not sure if it's G40. It's so darn new they hadn't even list their address on their webpage yet.

Opening Hours:
Not sure too since they never publish this. But I presume they wanna try opening daily from morning till late night?

Time Visited:
12:30pm. Monday afternoon

Attire worn:
Business attire.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A latte and The Scottish Breakfast
The Morning After Cafe or TMA for short, has many branches around Klang Valley but I have yet to visit one, mainly because of the inconsistency of their food story and their awful service that I've heard of. But even though those negative tales fell upon me, I have yet to have a reliable source on telling me whether if it's true. Since now they're opening here at Oasis Square, Ara Damansara, I've decided to experience first hand myself.

Despite them not fully finished with the renovation of their shop (some minor installation ongoing such as the auto door closer and the very long table), they've already opened up for business with two foreign workers manning the floor. One lady was standing outside holding the menus and ready to serve while one guy inside just standing there looking lost and don't know what to do. When I was walking and entering the cafe, the lady somehow disappeared to the back. Perfect timing, eh?

I walked right near to the end where the cash register is and saw that there is a back door there and decided not to sit too close to the back door. Although the foreign guy worker saw me coming in and sitting down, he seemed very confuse and looked as if he's unsure as to whether I'm a staff of the place or a customer. I soon signaled to him and only then did he started to get the menu for me.

The menu looked like a newsletter indicating a free copy at the top right hand corner with information and news and the second page consists of a recipe. Only at the last few pages the food and drinks that are available showed themselves. I skimmed through the many available items there and finally decided to place my order. The male foreign worker, still in a daze walked over to me as I told him my order. He doesn't seem to understand me very much despite me speaking in English and so I finally decided to point to him on what I want. My suspicions were confirmed that he couldn't understand me when he brought me cold water instead of warm water like what I ordered. Nevertheless, I let it slide.

Soon, the barista cum cashier came over to me and asked me how'd I like my eggs. "Poached," I replied.

My orders came fairly quick with less than 5 minutes of preparation. It got me thinking as to whether these things were pre-prepared. Then I thought to myself, "No, it couldn't be. How could they had pre-prepared when there are so many dishes on their menu?" And so it just left me baffled on how that could churn out so quickly.

The Scottish Breakfast consists of my 2 Poached eggs sitting atop a bread while the sausage were wrapped with 2 slices of beef bacon. Other than that, baked beans at the side. Actually, make that half a side. The poached eggs seemed sloppy, plonked messily on top of the bread. As soon as my utensils approached one of the yolk, it burst, popping like a juicy cherry tomato. The liquid content squirting away from it's imprisoned state almost jumping out of the plate and onto the table. The same couldn't be said for the second yolk as that one complacently sat there - stiff, as most of it's inside had already been hardened to a jelly-like state. Both tasted the same, needing some seasoning to it. The rest of the ingredients were merely mediocre. The baked beans tasted familiar but I'm not sure whether if it's from a can or not. Sausage were a little unique, with some green vegetables inside it but it didn't really changed the taste that much.

Overall, food was okay I guess. Didn't expect much anyway. But still, it was okay.

Total Wallet Damage:
When the bill came, they told me it was RM35 with The Scottish Breakfast coming to RM21.60 and the Latte RM11, but when I got back my change, I realized that they had given me 10% discount on both items so the total is actually RM31.50. Don't know what's the discount is for but I'm sure glad I had it. Must be some opening promotion or some lunch set thing. I don't know.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Initially wanted to give them a 5 but then again, I guess I can give them a six seeing that they just opened with some minor renovation still ongoing and the foreign worker staff not properly trained yet. Wait, I changed my mind. 5.5 then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment