Saturday, April 22, 2017

Restoran A'Tan Coffee Shop 阿旦私房菜, Taman Connaught, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Address:
125, Jalan Sarjana, Taman Connaught, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Thurs - Tues: 11am - 10pm with 3-5pm break

Time Visited:
7pm, Saturday evening

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Sausage Fried Rice with Egg and Lemon Tea Iced
While I was searching for this restaurant, I noticed that the parking at this place is fast and quickly disappearing and so I parked my car the moment I saw a parking spot. Unknown to me, it was just at the shop itself already.

With a faded sign and one below that's hidden at the inner sanction also a much plain signage on the top, despite the fact that there are 3 signs to tell you that there's the shop, it's still easy to miss to me. I find that the people within this vicinity take their dinner about this time around late 6pm to early 7pm. The dead giveaway indication would be the scarcity of the parking and the many people flocking to eateries; This place included. There were still some place left when I got there and so I plonk myself down to the nearest table where the menu was already present there. After browsing through it, I placed my order and await for it.

From what I gathered during my time there, most people who come here are already regulars who lived around the area and the staff there also recognize a lot of them. The waiting for the food was tiring because it was so slow to come out. I guess a lot of care in preparing the food has been done. LOL. The food eventually came and it seems rather eye-pleasing. The wonderful vibrant colors of the fried rice with the perfect fried egg on top just makes it easy to spot as the star when the redness from the table and the walls which I find it quite an unusual color to pick for a restaurant just seemed to dull off the surrounding view. The taste of the food was rather okay. Nothing of fantastic annotation but satisfactory enough for the tummy. The lemon tea was just your ordinary, nothing unusual lemon tea. Their drink signature is actually the A Tan White Coffee but I didn't try it that day. I was already full of 2 cans of coffee that day.

Though I'm not sure why the long wait for the food but I deduce that it could be because this is actually more of a restaurant where you order vegetables and meat to go with your rice rather than individual dishes. That could very well be the reason.

I went off feeling really tired and sleepy as I began my long journey home. I tried it out going home without the GPS and initially got really lost and got stuck in a jam instead. Eventually, I found familiar roads and managed to make my way home. Phew. What a very tiring day.

Total Wallet Damage:
Erm. I forgot what's the total price and I wasn't given a receipt. But in the menu, it's written that the fried rice costs RM7 and the Iced Lemon Tea is RM3.60.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Well, decent enough to eat but kind of a long wait for my food and it can get pretty full during peak time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment