Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Grab Cafe, Menara UOA, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
Unit 1-5, Ground floor 
Menara UOA Bangsar
5 Jalan Bangsar Utama 1 
59000
Kuala Lumpur (KL)


Opening Hours:
Mon-Fri:
8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Time Visited:
Around 1pm, Wednesday afternoon

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Toasted Cheese Sandwich and Latte
It's a day off for me due to me needing to service my car and so I took the opportunity to make some moolah in addition to visit some cafes that I've been dying to try; Grab Cafe at Menara UOA Bangsar being one of them.

Why this is so is because Grab Cafe only opens during weekdays and during weekdays, it's difficult for me to visit this place since I had my work to attend to and this place being way too far from my workplace for me to ever visit during lunch hour. Imagine also the horrendous parking woes at Bangsar on a working weekday. So after my car servicing was completed, I headed off to Bangsar over here to eagerly try out what they had to offer. It's on the same level as the road behind at Menara UOA and is a level above where the feeder buses wait at the Bangsar LRT.

It wasn't difficult for me to locate since even though teh Ground Floor as specified is actually meaning the first floor. It's not difficult due to them installing a building directory which I could easily follow along. By the time I was in the cafe, I only spotted a couple of vacant places left. It's teeming with the lunch crowd that's there to have their quick bite during their lunch break. In the cafe, there were only 2 workers there where they quicken their pace every step of the way in order to meet the demands of the lunch customers. I quickly scan through on what they have for eating with their clipboard menu and proceeded to make my order once the group before me had done theirs. I just ordered a Toasted Cheese Sandwich along with a latte.

I then moved on to sit myself down at what's left for me to have a seat and waited for my meal. Since the place was buzzing and also there's only 2 person working there, I reckon it would be a bit of a wait. I observed them as I see them efficiently timed their tasks well like those time management games I so adore and everytime they're near a table that they're serving and a table nearby needs clearing, they would do so as a convenience sake. That's what I call efficiency.

The latte came quite quick to my amazement and that wasn't the thing that had succeeded in impressing me. The coffee was nicely done even though they were in hurry mode yet they manage to brew up a nice cup of coffee like it was effortless. The sandwich took a little longer than I expected even though it's just sandwich. Well, can't complain since it's not salad which would be even more faster. Anyway, it came with a good enough presentation to show that it had been put with some care into it. The sandwich is a cheese sandwich that's made from parmesan and cheddar cheese. The gooey cheese factor was enough to cause the 'pizza cheese pull effect' and the taste of cheese was also dominant enough to satisfy a cheese lover like me. The bread that they use were just a normal wholemeal bread. It may be something that is simple and easy to make in your home but over here it's delicious enough for me to give it a passing mark. At the side of the sandwich were some fresh looking vegetables consisting of lettuce, cherry tomatoes and cucumbers that has some Japanese sesame salad dressing put on.

The place had a wooden and brick appeal and a cozy enough atmosphere for a chilling good time. I especially love the coffee. The food, well, it's passable.

Total Wallet Damage:
The total price was only RM15. How it arrived to that, I'm not sure. I wasn't handed a receipt.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Quite like the atmosphere and loved the coffee......lots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment