Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hui Wei Restaurant, Seksyen U1, Glenmarie, Shah Alam, Selangor

Address:
32, Jalan Jurureka U1/40, Seksyen U1, Glenmarie, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor

Opening Hours:
Don't know. LOL

Time Visited:
12:30pm, Tuesday afternoon

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Curry Pork Ribs Rice and Chinese Tea Ice
Once the Twin Twin Pan Mee folded, this restaurant started to pop up just a few days ago. And this was the Tuesday that I went there to try it out.

The previous day, I was at Glenmarie also and I saw this place with nobody at all but as for today, the place had quite a reasonable amount of customers. I walked in anyway and on the table there's already a small piece of menu being laid there. I notice a chit sheet for ordering and a pencil and so I thought that this was a self written down order style which I did. What's unique on the menu of this restaurant is the Bak Kut Teh noodles. First I heard of putting noodles on Bak Kut Teh soup. But I didn't go for that and decided to just go for their Curry Pork Ribs rice. Hey. If you're really good, then no matter what dish you prepare, it will be delicious. I pass the slip to the only person who can take orders and it's a woman that runs around like crazy because she serves, she's the only person to take orders and also the only person who collects the money. The only thing that I know she doesn't do is clearing the tables. That's just it.

So I pass to her and await my order. Pretty soon I found out that most people here don't bother with the order chit and just tell the woman their orders and she would just write it down. Pretty odd way of doing things if you're not gonna stick to one system. No wonder she looks so disorganized. Anyway, this place is not really a lone diner friendly environment since all of the place to sit at are tables for 4 persons and more. But then, you still can come here to eat as a lone diner just that you will need to occupy a table for four persons. This is also a good place for a really bizarre variety. There's rice and noodles but what you can eat together with those are Bak Kut Teh (this is only the noodles version for some reason), Curry Pork Ribs, Tom Yum Soup, Bitter Gourd Roast Pork and you can order the noodles to be in dry format or the soup version. There's 4 types of noodles to choose from and that is the usual Mee, Bihun and Kuey Teow and then there's also Wantan Mee.

So there I was awaiting my order when I noticed somethings amiss when I saw 2 tables who came and ordered after me already having their meals. That's when I realized that they forgot my order even though I wrote down in their order sheet. -_- The woman asked me again what I ordered and I pointed to it on the wall. It came within a minute or 2. Gosh. So I could've gotten my meal faster if they were to remember. LOL. Oh well, that's what happens when you become a really forgettable person.

The curry isn't really spicy just a bit of heat and it's your typical Chinese kind of curry. The pork ribs were nice and delicious but lacks meat and is more of bones but nonetheless adequate. The taste was decent and is of above average quality to me. I just hang around a bit more and then started going back to office after my meal.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM8.60. RM8 for the rice and just 60 sen for the Chinese Tea Ice. No GST, no service charge.

Final Verdict:
6/10. They need to get better organizing. Since they're new and may be inexperience in operating a restaurant, it's forgivable. I may wanna come back one day and try their Bak Kut Teh noodles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment