Monday, May 16, 2016

Kedai Makanan Jin Man, Taman Taynton View, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
71, Jalan Dato Haji Harun, Taman Taynton View, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Opening Hours:
From the old board displayed, it says 5am - 4pm, Monday closed.

Time Visited:
Sunday morning but no rain is falling, 10:45am-ish.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Fishball Noodles and Iced Coffee
I've heard that this place serve really good fishball noodles and so I purposely made a trip to Cheras and search out this place to try. It wasn't difficult locating this place since it's already been 25 years that they had been operating (or so I'm told) so they're bound to be on the map. In addition to that, they keep up with the times as well and integrate technologies to their advantage. For example, the picture above depicting not to vape in the shop. LOL. Remarkable. Truly kept up with the times. Their ordering system are like those Franchise places like Papparich and Old Town Kopitiam where the guy takes your order, keys it into the system and the rest will get notified on what's being ordered so they can prepare. When you're ready to pay, just go to the counter and tell them your table number. Sheer brilliance. Even though they're something like a kopitiam, yet they upgrade themselves to that level to keep themselves organized.

Okay, I'm truly impressed. Despite wanting to come here earlier, I had woke up late and hence only reached here when it's already past 10am. I was thinking of starting my part time job at 10am, but I have failed to do so due to laziness. LOL. So there I was, the 2 shoplot with a very long signboard hanging above. This place is quite congested with cars but mainly because people tend to park on both sides of the road in order to either visit the houses nearby or visit the shops at the shops around here. I was lucky enough to get a parking even though it's quite limited with many cars around. So far, from what I see, this is the only shop that's teeming with people. And even though it takes up 2 shoplots, they're still very much full of people. When I walked in, I thought that there weren't any place to sit at all but after walking in around the shop, I discovered that there's a few vacant table at the back. An old uncle came over and took my order and of course I ordered their Fishball Noodles (the soup version and not the dry one) and along with that, ordered an Iced Coffee to keep myself awake when I'm gonna do my part time job.

All that order is just keyed in to the system terminal nearby my table and pretty soon, the guys handling the drinks started to put the Iced Coffee on my table. Along with that, my food soon came thereafter. It was a moderate waiting time. I noticed that this place is really buzzing with a lot of people. I bet this is the same case even though I were to come earlier at 8am. Throngs and throngs of people just surge in.

And so it's time for the taste test on the food. I have to say the coffee isn't much. Just those standard kopitiam coffee. In fact, this one was quite yucky, not that good. It's like a spice drink that's very sugary. However, as for the Fishball Noodles, I have a much different vibe. Well, not the noodles per se but the Fish Balls and the Fish Maw that's in it. The Kuey Teow and Mee noodles were just ordinary. Plain and nothing special about it. But as for the Fish Balls and the Fish Maw, my god were those heavenly. The Fish Balls were springy, bouncy and chewy and the fish maw were soft and absorbs the soup beautifully to bring it to life. The texture of both ingredients were marvelous and a delight to chew on. The fish taste on both of those were apparent and nothing like I tasted before. It's been said that they use Ikan Parang (Herrings). It clearly is one of the best Fish Balls and Fish Maws I've tasted so far.

Once I was done with the food, I finished off by paying my meal at the cash register and off I go to start a new adventure.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM11.10. RM8.60 for the Fishball Noodles and RM2.50 for the Coffee. This is inclusive of 6% GST which amounted to 63 sen.

Final Verdict:
8/10. It is indeed one of the best Fishball Noodles in the Klang Valley. I shall return one day to savor their delicious Fish Balls even though it's in Cheras which is far away to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment