Saturday, May 7, 2016

My French Factory Cafe, Langgura Baron Walk, Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah

Address:
Langgura Baron Walk, Jalan Pantai Cenang, Cenang, Langkawi, 07000 Kedah.

Opening Hours:
Saturday - Thursday, 1pm - 11pm.

Time Visited:
Around 1:15pm in the afternoon on a Sunday

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Chicken slices with cheese + homemade tomato sauce and fresh pineapples and a Latte (hot)
My French Factory Cafe has been ranked as the number 1 restaurant in Langkawi by TripAdvisor and so I made my way there to have a try at it.
Though the day before I had tried to head on over but seems that they were closed that day for some unknown reason but I'm glad that happened because it led me to discover a really really good cafe. That cafe was an unexpected gem that I found that wasn't even listed in TripAdvisor.

Anyway, so this was the Sunday that I had planned for my Island Hopping tour and so after that, I took the opportunity to grab my bags and head on to try My French Factory. This time I was in luck. They were open.

My French Factory is located at the busy tourist street of Jalan Pantai Cenang. Right next to the Cenang Mall, there's a Pizza Place during my visit. My French Factory is just right next to it. This place is run by a Frenchman and his partner just like another crepe cafe I visited the day before. The guy is all serious business when it comes to creating his crepe with his specialized tools for creating his crepes. And like the cafe I visited the day before, this place uses their own homemade batter for creating their crepes. The place is quite small. In fact, I saw indoors may seem a little cram and stuffy to be in there and so I decided to sit al fresco style. Every table has a menu in a holder and so I panned through it to see what should I order. Their menu was quite thick with their laminated pages and every item has a picture for you to know what you're ordering.

Since I tasted a sweet crepe the previous cafe, I decided to go for the savory one in this cafe. So chicken slices with cheese and tomato sauce and pineapples it is then. They have a local to help work for them and so talking to this lady wasn't that difficult. But as for the owners, they seemed to not be fluent in English but surprisingly friendly just like the other Crepe Cafe I went to the day before called Breizh Up. Gosh. Everything is just so darn similar between the two cafe's repertoire. The guy was full of concentration while preparing my crepe but spotted me observing him and decides to flash a friendly smile my way. LOL.

Pretty soon, I have my latte in front of me. Their coffee seemed to mimic the way of the Europeans do and had this bitter undertone to it but not as strong as those European ones. Still, it's stronger than a lot of the coffees that I've tried. The latte was served in a typical drinking water cup with it filling halfway of the cup just so that the ratio of espresso and milk is good. It was rather foamy and even more so than cappuccinos I've tasted before and seemed to be in a category of it's own if I were to put it. Pretty soon, the much anticipated crepe arrived at my table to enjoy. Spotting that I was to take pictures of the crepe, the waitress asked me to wait and hurriedly back with an Eiffel Tower prop and said that's for taking pictures with. LOL. Hence you can see that prop in my pictures.

And so, I started to dig in. The crepe itself was really delicious. It's well cooked and crispy all the way. There's never a moment you find it not crispy at all! It just maintain it's texture even though it has been left for awhile. As for the combination of chicken slices, cheese, tomato and pineapple, it works very well altogether to form a nice savory crepe. I can safely say Langkawi has the best crepes if compared with the ones we have in the Klang Valley. 2 out of 2 crepe cafes and they're leaps and bound above the closest best I've tried in the Klang Valley. I particularly love how it's cheese taste was so strong and robust and feels a little like eating a pizza on this savory crepe. I lapped up the whole dish with whatever scraps of crepe I can get once finished and was deeply satisfied of the satiating taste of it.

Though I still prefer Breizh Up's crepes, this is still miles apart from our finest crepes in Klang Valley. The al fresco atmosphere along the busy streets of Jalan Pantai Cenang wasn't much of a sight but who cares. It's the crepe that deserves the attention than the surroundings.

Total Wallet Damage:
Well, I can't seem to find the receipt. Or was I given one? I think I wasn't given one. Anyway, I think in total it's RM35? It's cheap in it's price for crepe and didn't seem to have any extra charge. RM20 is for the crepe, RM13 is for the latte and RM2 is because I ordered a bottle of water to go.

Final Verdict:
9/10. A highly recommended place to try should you be in Langkawi. Crepe done by an authentic Frenchman and is one of the finest that I've tried in Malaysia so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment