Friday, May 6, 2016

Sun Cafe, Sunmall, Pantai Tengah, Langkawi Island, Kedah

Address:
Sunmall, No. 8, Jalan Teluk Baru, Pantai Tengah, Pulau Langkawi, Kedah, 07000 Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 12pm noon till 12am midnight

Time Visited:
Around 2pm, a Sunday afternoon with slight drizzle

Attire worn:
Casual.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Tomato Mozzarella Salad and Carrot Juice
It was after I tried some crepes at My French Factory and it looked worriedly dark and was about to rain. So I hurriedly adjourned to Sun Cafe to try which was in my hit list to try before I depart off from Langkawi that day. Wait. I just realized that this was my first post on my Langkawi trip.

Disappointingly, I took this trip on my own because nobody wanted to come with me and nobody took me seriously. Well, all except my buddy. But my buddy didn't seem to keen on the idea of a communal bathroom toilet and a concrete cement drain as a bedroom. LOL. So I guess this time around, I decided to just go on my own instead of inviting him along to join me.

So I planned off this journey to hopefully spruce up my boring, uneventful and enigmatic life and hopefully restore some much needed joy back into my life. This was on the last day of my weekend trip and my last cafe stop before I decided to head on home.

It started to drizzle a bit when I was driving towards there but it was merely a short rainfall. By the time I arrive 15 minutes later, it had already stopped raining. The place was rather empty with just a table or two of foreigners but then again, this place is supposedly to be foreigners territory. Locals won't venture around here let alone eat in a place like this. Feeling quite full from the earlier savory crepe taken, I decided to opt for a salad instead. But in lieu of a vegetable green salad, I went for the Tomato Mozzarella Salad. Keeping with the theme of vegetables, I ordered a Carrot Juice to drink.

On every table, the cafe has a table standee that displays the cafe's WiFi password. I connected to it and found out that their connection was quite fast. That's not the only thing that's fast. The serving of the food and drink was efficiently quick as well. Not even finished surfing a webpage, already the food was presented to me. The styling of the dish was excellent. Very pleasing to the eye and organized pattern style. Each tomato slice looks lovely accompanied by the Mozzarella Cheese and beef stew thing (?) on top. At a glance, I thought that the balsamic vinaigrette were way too much for the dish as I can see a puddle of it at the bottom but after tasting the dish, I can understand why they put so much. The taste of the salad dressing isn't very strong but still carries it's weight in taste which worked perfectly well with the tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese. This dish is just a very simple food item but yet they manage to make it of top quality and very much pleases my palate.

The carrot juice though has quite a robust bitter undertone which I didn't like it. But then again, this is just pure carrot juice, nothing else. I don't think they even add any sugar at it and there's definitely no milk in there hence the bitter aftertaste lingering around. After a sleepy hanging around session and lazing till I'm ready to move, I signaled for the bill and head my way to purchase some gift for friends.

Total Wallet Damage:
In total RM29.70. It's range is in the pricey side with the salad being a comfortable RM19 but the carrot juice comes at RM8. There's a 10% service charge. No mentioned about GST.

Final Verdict:
8/10. Nice place to chill and relax on a lazy afternoon should it rain a little and you couldn't head to the beach. I'm impressed with their food and drink even though it's just a simple dish. The only thing I find at fault would be their price range. A little on the high side but at a place like this, you can't find food that's of this nature to come cheap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment