Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Red Beanbag, Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
Block A4 1st Floor A4-1-08, Publika, Jalan Dutamas 1, Solaris Dutamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Tue-Fri:
10:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat-Sun:
9:30 am - 10:00 pm

Time Visited:
Around 2:15pm on a Sunday.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Bella and the Jets and a Flat White
A bit lazy on this Sunday due to the cool weather returning sooner than expected and helping me sleep a little longer than I normally would in the mornings. Love those rain that comes hard and quick and leaves as soon as I'm supposed to go outdoors. So this was the Sunday I was having conflicting thoughts on whether should I even step out of my house. I have already failed to do so the day before even though I was planning to try some new places for food but in the end, gave up and went back to bed.

This time around, I said I have to get out of the house just to get some sunlight on me and to train myself to be positive and smile since it's easier if I'm in public to put on a display then being cooped up in my room which I can easily cry. The Red Beanbag is a very familiar name to me. Popular among many cafe-goers and has been heard by me for the longest time but yet I didn't carry any intention to visit. I've always had this nagging thought that this place is far from me and I have to drive all the way to KL. Well, technically, it is in KL but didn't know it was a place I kind of frequent till I google it up today.

Being in the maze-like Publika, I felt game to go out to this place to try. Besides, I've ran out of food at home anyway and so the need to go out anyhow. When I got to Publika, there were many people crowding the place especially at the area of where there's a display on Tapirs. And so, off with my plan to search for The Red Beanbag. Pretty soon, I found where it was and was dying to head on upstairs to it to try.

When I got there, it was teeming with people. Such a popular location. There's even 3 groups of people taking numbers to be on a waiting list for a table but as for me, I walked right in and got one. The perks of a single diner. You don't need a table to accommodate a group of people. Just a simple one table and chair would suffice. The menus already been laid out at the table and everything was already perfectly prepared for a guest of 2. Cups were placed in the utensils tray and napkins were also adequate. There's even a filled bottle of water awaiting, ready for you to pour instead of them serving you when you sit down. Perfect. So I gazed through the menu and had my sight set on Bella and the Jets. Bella and the Jets is a breakfast dish which main ingredients consists of the Portobello Mushrooms and the Roasted Chicken Chorizo atop Sourdough breads. There's also poached eggs on top with Parmesan cheese grated all around with a side of Rocket leaves.

Due to the massive amount of crowd there, the waiting period for my food took quite a long time but they were quick to serve out the drink even though I ordered a Flat White. I love how the coffee tasted. Strong robust nutty taste with aromatic coffee that befits my tasting palate. It took quite a long while for my brunch to be served to me but eventually it came to me. By the way, don't fret if you're seeing someone who came in later than you had their food dished out to them first. They're quicker in serving burgers.

The presentation wasn't a bad one and the Parmesan cheese just covers all the areas up. The rocket leaves though looks pathetic and is bitter to my dismay. I don't like eating vegetables anyway so it wasn't much of a loss to me. The poached egg's texture was nice but the yolk don't seem to be that much. Maybe this is quite a small egg? But then again, poached eggs aren't supposed to be all runny. I simply love the Roasted Chicken Chorizo the best. One of the best I've tasted. The heat on it is just perfect and though it's a roasted chicken, it surely surprised me because I didn't know that was the meat. It's solid taste makes it the dominant ingredient of them all though the Portobello Mushrooms should be the star. But then again, there's a lot of mushrooms in this dish and it didn't get pushed out on it's taste. The bread was toasted right and that's about it for the ingredients. The Parmesan cheese may not give out much taste to it but it does provide a better texture for the dish as a whole.

Due to the amount of people visiting the outlet, the atmosphere is kinda ruined for me because I prefer a much quieter setting than a vibrant and spunky one. Still, I'd return when there's a chance. It's coffee and food is good and I can't deny that.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM39.65. There's a 10% service charge involve along with 6% GST.

Final Verdict:
8/10. Not a bad place for western breakfast food and the coffee, I just love it. It would've scored higher if they don't charge the service charge but they do, so a score of 8 it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment