Saturday, April 9, 2016

Kedai Minuman dan Makanan Teluk Pulai (Pottery) Bak Kut Teh, Klang, Selangor

Address:
32, Jalan Batai Laut 5, Kawasan 16, Taman Intan, Klang, 41300 Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 7am - 3:30pm.

Time Visited:
About 12:30pm, Friday afternoon

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
What else? Bak Kut Teh! The dry and the soup claypot version with Chinese Crullers (Yau Char Kuay/ Youtiao) and lettuce and a pot of Chinese tea.
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

First of all, I apologize for the blurry pictures. I was pressured to hurry up since I had my colleagues with me that day and I got stressed.

Anyway, we initially thought of going to the Bak Kut Teh in Centro, Klang but after me asking what kind of Bak Kut Teh it was, the thought suddenly changed to deviate to this place called the Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh. It is rumored to be the ones who started Bak Kut Teh in a claypot and till this day still draws a very big crowd to it's restaurant.

My colleague told me that they just ordered the ordinary and that she just said that it's for 4 persons. That's it. What we were given were a claypot of Dry Bak Kut Teh meat, a soup Bak Kut Teh that consists of needle mushrooms, fishballs and of course, the pork meat. There's also a plate of Chinese Crullers and also a serving of Lettuce that has oyster sauce at the side and some dried shrimp also at one side. When we were there, it was packed to the brim but it's also easy to get a place because the turnover of customers is quite fast. Also, the serving of the dishes were also quite fast. When my colleagues went to reserve a table while I park my car, by the time I met up with them, some of the dishes were already on the table. As for the tea, they serve in a small teapot and an even smaller serving pot along with 2 tiny teacups per person. If you wanna add hot water to the teapot, there's a kettle by a stove that you can help yourself for faster service. LOL.

The place was quite hot being a very hot day plus we're very near the stove that's heating the water in a kettle not to mention the many Bak Kut Teh dishes that were served all around which contributed to the heat. I especially love the Dry Bak Kut Teh. The meat was tender and nice but the sauce is what makes it so tasty. Whereas for the soup version, it's also nice but I feel to me it's not as nice as the Dry Bak Kut Teh mainly because there's no gravy to elevate the taste. The soup was full of the herbal taste but also makes me feel very thirsty and irritates my throat a bit which I had to wash it down occasionally with the hot tea. The meat in the soup version was also very tender and soft and nice to consume. It separates easily from the bones effortlessly making it a pleasure to eat.

We didn't stay long there since it's so hot. But to me, I like this Dry Bak Kut Teh the most. Come to think of it, I've not eaten many dry Bak Kut Teh in my life. Most of it is the soup version with their different type of soups. For the soup ones, I feel that I like the Pao Xiang's version of soup the most.

Total Wallet Damage:
If I'm not mistaken, the amount total up to RM87.80. Ya, something like that.

Final Verdict:
8/10. This leaves me craving for more and makes me feel inspired to try other Bak Kut Teh shop to see if others are better than their Dry Bak Kut Teh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment