Saturday, April 30, 2016

Restoran Good Taste, SS14, Subang Jaya, Selangor

Address:
36, Jalan SS 14/2, Ss 14, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, I think 7am - 9pm.

Time Visited:
12:30pm, Monday afternoon.

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Roasted Pork Rice, Coffee Ice, Taufu Pok and Curry Pork Skin
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

On the Monday that passed, my colleague out of the blue invited me out to eat (read: be her driver) since she didn't prepare any food the previous day. And so we headed off to SS14 to eat.

The plan started with trying out the nearby restaurant that serves good noodles that has many people lining up during the mornings. Her statement indicated that lunch time is a better time to try and that the crowd won't be that many. (Don't ask me how this is logical and why people mainly flock to it in the morning. LOL). But then later, we discovered that they close on Mondays and so we headed nearby to Restoran Good Taste to eat instead.

I didn't realize in the beginning but this is a place I've been to before to meet up with my friends at the branch in Bukit Jalil just that I didn't try anything. They were there eating their breakfast while we were about to try out The Owls Cafe. Anyway, I only remembered it when I saw the big backdrop listing other branches that they're located at.

So over here, I started to order the Siew Yuk Faan (Roasted Pork Rice) and I just gotta have my coffee to drink while my colleague ordered Curry Noodles. They do employ quite a lot of foreign helpers in being the waiters, cooks and order takers with their limited grasp of the Cantonese language but the Chinese owners do take on the role of order takers and waiters as well. However, cashier is a dedicated staff which occasionally doubles up as wait staff.

The orders were taken and the food was dispense almost instantaneously! Their speed of getting food to the customers were incredible even though they had quite a variety of dishes. I'm impressed. And so I taste tested their Roasted Pork Rice and to my surprise, the roasted pork was succulent. It was so delicious and unlike a lot of hawker stalls, their pork are of the choicest pieces and not just all fat. On top of that, the amount given was slightly more than my experiences with a lot of hawker stalls too which was great. Enough for me to finish off my rice with a satisfied amount of pork to go with it.

After seeing the portion of our orders, my colleague decided to order the Curry Pork Skin because she love eating that and she's craving for it. On top of the order, there's also a side order of Tofu Pok asked as well. Well, I would say those were just how you envisioned the taste to be, nice to eat but same no matter where you go. The only difference would come from their curry. Their curry broth has that tastiness and a little heat at the back but mainly not really that spicy. More towards milky texture and taste.

The tables in between are spaced adequately and even has one or two tables that's setup outdoors for those who prefer that or should they wanna smoke. Mainly a very busy place when lunchtime arrives.

Total Wallet Damage:
Erm, again I'm not sure because my colleague took the receipt from me to pay me back later. LOL. Anyway, I saw the menu price for the Roasted Pork Rice at RM7.90. That's all I know.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Great Roasted pork and porky dishes. It provides me an alternative to go to besides Kar Heong, one of my favorite place to frequent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment