Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Restoran Yi Xin Ge Bak Kut Teh, SS4, Kelana Jaya

Address:
23 Jalan SS4D/2
People’s Park
47301 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 6:30am - 9pm

Time Visited:
Lunch time around 1:30pm on a Wednesday

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Kai Pei (drumstick) part and a Chinese tea ice.
The weather was so hot during that time but I was determined to go there. All because I was doing my friend a favor and collecting some Foreign Film Fest pass for her. But in the end, it turns out, I didn't manage to pass to her at all due to very different schedules and her unwillingness to meet at a more convenient time and place for me.

Anyway, there I was back at the lovely Bak Kut Teh shop after many many years of not visiting this place. I remember back in the days where I was a very active Christian member, I would join some of my fellow worshipers for lunch and we frequent this place quite often till the price raised tremendously.

As usual, the meat was great, juicy, tender, clean and eating on it's own is just as good. But of course, like everyone else, I would have a sauce dish with cili padi (bird's eye chili) mixed with chopped garlic and drenched with light soy sauce and dark soy sauce where I would dip the meat in.

The soup was just as delicious as I remembered it, a unique herbal clear soup unlike the usual Bak Kut Teh soup which are usually black instead of clear. After eating my meal, I was duly satisfied and am happy of being reminded of the good times where I had a meal here.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM17. And I didn't even ask for anything extra like Yau Char Kwai (Chinese Cruller) or an extra bowl of rice. I didn't even add soup (which is free). This place is getting ridiculously more expensive and I soon found out why. They were getting way too popular till they expanded their shop and start selling in pre-pack forms.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Despite their exorbitant pricing, I still admit that it is one of the best Bak Kut Teh I've ever tasted and a very unique one which you can never get anywhere else. But be wary that as a lone diner, it may be very difficult to get a spot when it's peak hours unless somebody don't mind sharing a table. Usually, people come in groups to eat here so it's a little difficult to share table too. Off peak hours are not a problem but some of their meat may have ran out for the morning/afternoon session.

0 comments:

Post a Comment