Monday, March 30, 2015

Swensen's, Avenue K, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur

Address:
Lot UC - 1, Upper Concourse
Avenue K
156 Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am-10pm

Time Visited:
Around 1:30pm.

Attire worn:
Casual.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Omelette and Milo Dinosaur Float (Urgh. They wrote Dinasour on the receipt. LOL. I don't know who's Dina and why she's so sour. LOL).
Swensen's is best known to me as more of an ice cream parlor shop rather than their food. I heard their food sucks but the only attraction to it is their unique ice cream Sundaes which were only so so. I don't think I've ever set food in a Swensen's before in my life and all that was based on hearsay. I guess, that's the reason why the one in SS2 closed down. But as for this outlet in Avenue K, It looks like it's can survive. Despite lunch is passing, there are on occasion people entering and dining at this place. I don't expect the food to be good but I ordered an omelette to try anyway.

I asked for the ingredients of chicken and mushrooms to be in my omelette where it's served with fries and coleslaw. The Milo Dinosaur Float came in no time. It's actually Iced Milo with a scoop of Milo Ice Cream with loads of Milo Powder on it. And there's a cherry with whipped cream and cooled hardened chocolate syrup on top.

The milo ice cream taste like chocolate to me and the milo powder provides the most milo taste and sweetness while the milo water just tasted like nothing overwhelmed by the milo powder. The milo powder also made me a very messy drinker with loads of the powder spilled everywhere on the table. LOL.

This Swensen's outlet has a lego corner at the side promoting it where the kids can play with it. One of the Myanmar staff were so friendly that he took one of the kid who was longingly looking at the legos and encourage him to play with it. The rest of the staff performing their duties were just mindlessly doing their jobs unlike the great service of Grandmama's

My omelette finally arrived after a certain waiting period and as I bit into it, expectantly, it wasn't that fantastic. Well, it wasn't that bad either. Just kind of plain. The mushroom provided most of the taste while the chicken barely had any taste. The seasoning of the omelette were very inconsistent where there's a part that's way salty while the rest just not enough. Fries were okay while the coleslaw, well, I'm already not a coleslaw fan. So this one, I really couldn't stand eating it.

It's interesting to see a Swensen's opening up here at Avenue K when like many other people, it has been long forgotten in my mind till I randomly picked it from the Avenue K directory to try.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM32.80. RM15.90 for the Omelette and RM13.90 for the Milo Dinosaur Float. Only 10% service charged implemented with no government tax. Shows how bad their business is.

Final Verdict:
5/10. Food isn't that fantastic and so are the drinks. Only come here when you just want some ice cream that looks fancy but taste mediocre. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment