Sunday, March 8, 2015

Wa Cafe, Pavilion KL, Bukit Bintang

Address:
Level 6, Pavilion KL, 168, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Bintang, 55100 (In front of Tonkatsu, Pavilion, near Tokyo Street side)
Opening Hours:
I assume daily, 10am - 10pm
Time Visited:
11:30am, Sunday (cause the weekdays leave me without any time anymore and Saturdays are a day for me to sleep the whole day to recuperate from my ever tired state)
Attire worn:
Casual
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Latte (like usual) and Flourless Choco Hazelnut
The sun beams down on the narrow glass panels right above at the ceiling and Wa Cafe being at the center, falls in the pathway of the sunlight. However, unlike Jamaica Blue at Mid Valley Megamall, the place is not too warm as the permeating central air conditioning units has brought the area to a bearable below room temperature level. On top of that, there are 2 portable air conditioning unit being placed at the opposite ends of the cafe. During my visitation, there's only the big one being turned on but the one that I was closed to was not necessary to be on anyway. Over at the coffee machine though, the staff will have to work under the intruding rays while brewing as there is no escape from it over there.

I placed my order at the counter while the staff glared suspiciously at me. After paying the amount owed, I sat at one of the many empty tables and await for them to bring my items.

The place is very open being in the middle of the area and there were only a couple at one of the tables besides me. The coffee was presented to me at a fairly expected amount of time followed by the Flourless Choco Hazelnut that I ordered. Interesting to note that they stuck the slice of cake in the oven and heat it up awhile before serving it to me. Not sure why this is the case but I guess they don't wanna serve it cold.

The cake was lukewarm in temperature while certain portions inward was cold. Hazelnut were too few in numbers in comparison with the whole slice of cake. The chocolate taste was fine while the richer, creamy choco icing is very sweet and hence in need to eat it up with the pastry layer and with coffee.

The latte has a moderate taste in coffee but is deliciously brewed and is to my liking. Somehow, I'm finding myself liking mild to moderate strength in coffee taste nowadays. The coffee was creamy and milky and has a bitter aftertaste to it. A toasty kind of taste as it hits my tongue.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM24. RM10 for the Latte and RM14 for the cake. Standard price but good that it does not has any tax.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Coffee is good but cakes are to me okay only. The place do have it's frequent customers. In fact, every customer I've seen speaks so jovially and casually to the staff with the only exception of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment