Friday, February 13, 2015

Jamaica Blue, Mid Valley Megamall

Address:
Level 1, Mid Valley Megamall, Mid Valley City
Opening Hours:
I presume 10am-10pm?
Time Visited:
2pm. Sunday.
Attire worn:
Casual
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Flat White small and Blueberry Cheese Cake
When I was deciding I was totally ignored by all of the staff and then I headed towards the back to see if there's any place there for me to sit. Once I confirmed that there's a place for me, I headed back to the front and immediately I was greeted. What the hell happened? I ordered my items and the fake politeness of the staff ended with him handing me my change and receipt and my order number.

Not long after I sat down, the Blueberry Cheese Cake came. I noticed that there were some of the seats having direct sunlight beaming down on it. No wonder those seats weren't occupied. There's too much heat there. Good thing I was smart enough to notice that earlier on.

The Blueberry Cheese cake was good. In fact, it triggered my appetite to eat. As I dig in to it more and more, I felt the purity of the blueberry and the richness of the cheese cake and it served more and more as an appetizer for me.

The Flat White art was okay I guess. But it looks really very watery and run down. However, the coffee taste fine and wasn't really bad.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM26.20. This place is whoppingly expensive. Not because of the Flat White which is only RM9.90, nor was it because of the blueberry cheese cake which is RM13.90, but due to it's 10% service charge. Their service sucks. Plus I don't know why that one staff is so vigilant in wanting to clean up. She's constantly prowling around and lurking to see if you're finished. Once you're done, within seconds she's there to clear. Good thing she asked before clearing, else I'll murder her. The water dispenser area had no glass so if you need some water, you'll have to attract the staffs attention to get a glass.

Final Verdict:
5/10. I do believe they've caught me in a bad mood because the politeness from the staff at the front seemed so fake to me, the constant cleaning annoys me and the prowling and lurking at the corner makes me feel as if they're waiting for me to leave. However, I do find comfort in it's coffee and cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment