Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Upstairs Cafe, SS12, Subang Jaya

Address:
1st Floor, 12A, Jalan SS12/18, 47500 Subang Jaya
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat: 10am - 11pm
Time Visited:
Lunch at 12:20pm, Tuesday.
Attire worn:
Business
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Big Breakfast and Latte
Originally tried ordering the pasta but was told that pastas are served only from 1pm onwards and the breakfast menu was brought to my attention which I'm more than delighted to order from it.

I went for the Big Breakfast which consisted of 2 sunny side up eggs (or scrambled if you prefer), a toast with some butter and jam on it, a small dish with baked beans, turkey ham, 2 sausages, hash brown, and sauteed mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.

The place was almost filled with people even before my entrance to the cafe and as expected, the area is quite difficult to get a vacant and decent parking lot due to limited space and so I resorted to park at the residential houses nearby. Lucky for me, there's still some indoor places left when I arrived because later on, people just keep coming and coming to the cafe and never leaving, and this cafe is just a shop located on the upstairs floor. Interesting how many people preferred to sit around and chit chat with their friends looking like they had all the time in the world. And I'm usually the one who leaves my table after quite a long period of time.

My coffee and my brunch came in quite a hurry when I haven't even settled long on my seat yet! The coffee was great, much to my delight while the Big Breakfast was a rollercoaster ride for my tongue - there were parts I loved and parts I don't. Would've loved more spread on the bread when the tiny comport of butter and jam were not enough to cover the whole bread for flavor. The eggs were nothing unusual or out of the ordinary and so was the baked beans but I loved the turkey ham, the sausages, hash brown and especially the sauteed mushrooms and cherry tomatoes which brings a lot of good flavors to the whole dish. So when you combine everything together, I guess it evens out to an average meal. Maybe slightly above average.

The place didn't have much space so tables were not as widely spread out as I would love it to while the middle has a much bigger space for people to walk up and down as well as the staff to serve your orders. Settling on a table that seems to be in the middle of the cafe proved quite uncomfortable for me because I felt very self conscious sitting there all alone but at least it's better than that one table on the corner where the chairs face the wall. I imagined that it would feel like you're being punished sitting there. LOL. Water is not served freely here with them giving the reason that it's not filtered water just like how Rekindle, SS2 is hence they sell mineral water for RM2 a bottle instead.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM19.90. I didn't realized it until I got home and took a look at the bill. It looks like it's part of a set since the Big Breakfast costs RM17.90 while the Latte merely came at the price of RM2! There aren't even any government or service charge involved. Cheap! And with such great coffee no wonder there's so many patrons visiting. However, I noticed most drank Snapples and other beverage instead of coffee which is odd.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Although the "thanks" when I was leaving put me a little more at ease, I somehow felt quite uneasy when I visited this place. From the time I tried placing my order till the time I left. I kinda felt like a bother being there. Must be one of those days where my self-consciousness took over and made me felt useless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment