Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Nosh Up Cafe, Jaya Shopping Centre, Section 14, Petaling Jaya

Address:
LG-26, Jaya Shopping Centre, Section 14, Petaling Jaya
Opening Hours:
I guess it would be the same as Jaya Shopping Centre,
Daily, 10am - 10pm
Time Visited:
Tuesday night dinner at 7pm.
Attire worn:
Distraught in business
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Smoked Duck Miso Pasta and Cappuccino
After a shopping spree all for the sake of work without detailing to any of my fellow colleagues, I wandered aimlessly through the walkways of Jaya Shopping Centre (used to be Jaya Supermarket until the building was closed down, collapsed and torn down to build this) in search of a destination for dinner. After stopping by at a pharmacy to buy aspirins for my new addiction, I peruse the building directory to see if there's any interesting place that catches my attention. I noticed something called Cafe Bellagio and immediately headed on towards there to see what's it about. Unfortunately, it looks more like a food court or a mamak stall than a cafe to me and so I was turned off from having my meal there. I then, stumbled upon The Nosh Up Cafe as I walked towards the other side and it appealed to me to step in and try even though there was nobody else inside.

I was immediately greeted upon when I browse through the menu upfront and so I decided to step in and try it out.

When my Cappuccino came to me, I was pleasantly surprised at the expert level of the barista. Not only had he expertly conjured up a bear coffee art for me (which to me is beautiful), the mixture of the coffee was incredible as well. This is definitely how I love my coffee and can be considered as way up there with my favorites.

Being well pleased with my beverage, I look forward to my pasta. When it was brought to me, it looked tasty. But looks can be deceiving and this takes the cake. The pasta was bland beyond means. The poached egg was watery inside and the texture of the egg didn't suit to my taste. Pasta was soggy, smoked duck undercooked, underneath the pasta was a big puddle of oil, grease, water and gravy. The Nori (seaweed) sprinkled on top of the egg produced no taste whatsoever too. The only thing that's not entirely wrong was the tomato. Most were okay while some were unriped. Bleargh. It was an abomination.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM34.10. RM22 for the pasta and RM9 for the Cappuccino. 10% service charge.

Final Verdict:
6/10. If you're ever tempted to try this place due to it's lovely aesthetics like me, just go for their drinks. The pasta sucks big time. Not sure about their pie. Not sure about the salad since I'm not a big salad eater. LOL. If they ever screw up salad, then they really fail in their food department.

0 comments:

Post a Comment