Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Coffea Coffee, SS15, Subang Jaya

Address:
A-10, SS15/4D, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Opening Hours:
Mon - Thu: 9am - 12am
Fri - Sat: 9am - 2am
Sun: 9am - 12am
Time Visited:
5:30pm. Sunday
Attire worn:
Casual
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Green Tea Latte and Cookies & Cream Cake
I arrived at this cafe at a very bad time. ALL the staff were having a meeting (I have no idea why they have to include all at the same time during business hour. I guess it's because they were changing shifts). One quickly but rudely took my order. The guy seemed disinterested on what I had to say and his tone of trying to suggest what to order seems so insincere where he's just doing his job because he has to. It would be better if he'd just shut up and let me browse through the menu. I asked which cake would he recommend for me to try and all he did was blurted out all the cake names one by one. Yeah. Some help. I guess I was disturbing his time to hear his colleague's working at Coffea Coffee experience sharing. After I took my seat, I was quickly served the Cookies and Cream Cake. The Green Tea Latte will have to wait till the barista finish telling his experience to the team before he can prepare. LOL.

The Cookies and Cream Cake was rather unappealing. It didn't do much in terms of taste. I was expecting the cookies to taste Oreo-like but all it did is provided a little biscuit taste and that's it. The cream also didn't produce much taste and so the whole cake pretty much suck in giving out any taste. It just has a little bit of sweetness to it. And that's it.

The Green Tea Latte arrived when I was almost finishing my cake. Bravo. From afar, I thought that was water because as you can see from the picture above, there's no art in it and the green of the beverage was very pale and light. I thought that it's gonna suck. Well, it didn't in the beginning. In the beginning, I was surprised that it got the right amount of green tea taste to it. As I went past the top portion, all that's left is some very light green tea taste amidst milk. And you're telling me this is your signature with your brethrens winning awards with their creation? Well, they sure do a very sucky job in teaching their downlines and part-timers.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM29.60. On top of that, it's very expensive. They sure know how to ruin good coffee beans. RM12.50 for the Green Tea Latte and RM13 for the Cookies and Cream Cake with 10% service charge and 6% government tax. What a rip off. I'm never setting foot at the SS15 branch of Coffea Coffee ever again.

Final Verdict:
2.5/10. Crappy cake. Crappy coffee. Expensive items. Plus insincere staff who only knows how to shout out greetings and gratitude to even among themselves and blurt out lines that they were taught to recite to customers when they take their orders. In fact, they highly value their staff way above customers to care more for their own than a customer in waiting. I hope this is not the case in the other branches.

0 comments:

Post a Comment