Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sudo Brew, SS22, Damansara Jaya (DJ), Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
7 Jalan SS22/11, Damansara Jaya (DJ), 4700 Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
24 Hours a day, 7 days a week! I'm not kidding

Time Visited:
Close to 8pm. Wednesday evening

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A Cheesecake and a Flat White
I thought nothing much of it when I explored an app to see where should I go to have a cup of Joe after my hefty dinner. I stumbled upon the name Sudo Brew and thought to myself,"Let's go!" without ever thinking much about it nor read any details on the description. When I arrived at the familiar residential area where I used to frequent last time when my sister and a friend was staying nearby, the area looks pretty much the same with new shops that I've never seen before there and a guard booth to enter into the residential area inside.

Being past dinner time, parking was easy where I just parked directly in front of the cafe itself. As I approach it's doors, I saw a sign indicating to please ring the bell if you want to enter. But of course I didn't do so and entered immediately by pushing on the the door (or was it pulling? I can't remember). I soon found out why that sign was on the door. This place is an awesome 24 hours cafe and opens all year long! I guess they lock their doors during the wee hours of the morning to prevent getting robbed. This totally blew my mind away. I've never seen a small cozy 24 hour cafe before. I know of really big ones that are franchise names like Donutes and Cosans Coffee both at Subang Jaya but never a nice independent coffee cafe. The shop sign amuses me because it reads "Kafe dan Perpustakaan" which translates into English as "Cafe and Library." LOL. So they're a library too huh? No wonder the half messy state.

As I entered the cafe, I was warmly greeted by the members of the staff. They were all so young looking, college students I guess and they were all so friendly. One of the girl is so pretty looking too. Kya! LOL. Before I made my order I was told that they're currently calibrating their machine and will take 5 minutes for my coffee to reach me. Actually, my order took less than that to arrived and I was pretty impress with the quality they present to me.

The place has a different feel at different areas where the front portion has a lounge like effect and a long table with lamps. The area that I sat at faces the wall and looks more like a study booth area so that you can concentrate on your studies as you hit the books burning an all nighter. The back there seems more like an Internet cafe with computers and screens there and still a little more back, it looks like racks of books. I didn't venture back there to confirm.

The staff respectfully pass me my orders by calling me sir and telling me what it was as she lay it down in front of me. The coffee looks great but filled with a lot of bubbles and foam at the top and so I was wondering whether how acidic is the coffee. However, the art looks beautiful and the ratio was near perfect. The cuppa was lovely and a friend told me that they use Ikea beans. Still, it tasted wonderful to me. Not to mentioned the great low price of the coffee, just RM8! It's practically a steal to me. The cake though was okay and priced as normal at RM12.

On top of the uniqueness of being opened 24 hours a day all year long, this cafe also provides 50mbps Internet line. I've connected to their WiFi and tested their Internet speed. It really is fast. This place really makes me feel like home and interests me a lot. I really love it because I knew I can come any time of the day or night or the wee hours of the morning and can expect a good cup of coffee. I'm totally revisiting it again if I somehow crave for coffee and I couldn't sleep. LOL.

Total Wallet Damage:
Just RM20. RM8 for the coffee, RM12 for the cake. That's just it. No GST nor service charge mentioned anywhere so I guess they don't charge.

Final Verdict:
8/10. Love it. Anytime I'm near there, I can be assured a cup of coffee no matter what time it is. Also, fast Internet line and not to mention very friendly staff. They're young and vibrant and I guess most of them are college students.

4 comments:

  1. Hello there!

    My name is Eugene and I manage the customer experience for Sudo Brew cafe.

    Glad to hear you liking our place =)

    We actually have 2 offerings for our espresso based coffee beans. The Ikea beans which your friend spoke of is actually the rm7 dark roast (cheaper) option whilst the one you ordered is the specialty grade @ rm8 in which we work with different coffee roasters such as Artisan roastery and using beans of different origin and tasting profile from time to time.

    Specialty grade beans generally have more sweetness hence acidity compared to commercial grade beans hence the bubbling you spoke of, however it could also be due to the coffee beans being too fresh (degassing as it was brewed).

    You seem like a coffee lover,feel free to ask our friendly baristas any questions you have on our coffee next time you visit =).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eugene, thanks for the clarification. I'm really in love with the place mostly due to it's availability around the clock and the coffee that suits my taste.
      Yes, I'm an avid coffee lover but used to be known by my friends as a lover of alcohol. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Hi Kelvin (I assume that's your name?),

      We are always happy to have customers who appreciate our coffee and people as that is what we pride ourselves for aside from the 24/7 operations and 50mbps WiFi. Alcohol sounds good, I personally love craft beers and one of my favourite places is The Great Beer Bar - Right across the road from our cafe.

      Do pop by again soon, our beans changes every week hence you get to experience specialty beans with different tasting profiles. Even better, try our specialty filter coffee by V60 or Aeropress too.

      We will be open throughout CNY, so feel free to chill here if you've gotten yourself enough ang pows or gave out too much of it =P.

      Till then!


      Eugene

      Delete