Thursday, January 28, 2016

Betty's Midwest Kitchen, Aman Suria, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Tue-Sun:
11:30 am - 3:00 pm
5:30 pm - 9:45 pm

Time Visited:
Around 7:30pm. Tuesday night.

Attire worn:
Business attire

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Jucy Lucy and Stewart's Key Lime Float
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

Me and my friend were planning on heading to 6 2 10 Grill to test whether if their quality was still as good as back in the days of Section 17 but since it was a Tuesday, they were closed. And so, we decided to head to Betty's Midwest Kitchen instead.

It's been a very long while ever since I ate at Betty's Midwest Kitchen and the last I remember dining here was eating the Pulled Pork Burger which patty's were strands of the pork hence it's called Pulled Pork. Betty'e Midwest Kitchen is a place I usually avoid going to due to the heavy traffic of consumers patronizing this diner where peak hours means full house every single day. But on the day me and my friend visited, there were many empty spaces for us to sit ourselves down and be served comfortably. This time around, still craving for some burger, I decided to go for their Jucy Lucy and seeing the Stewart's Key Lime drink as part of their menu, I craved to have it which I made it into a float. My friend followed suit.

It didn't take long for our dinner to arrive and it was a pleasant surprise that they dish out dishes that quick despite it being a burger. The Jucy Lucy was enticing. A very power packed meat patty that's almost spherical that's sandwiched between two burger buns looking a tad small due to that but trust me, it's not that small because it's fat. There were some lettuce greens to provide you a wee bit of a balance diet and the Jucy Lucy comes with some fries on the side with a small dish of condiments to dip your fries in. The fries were thick and nice to consume which whet my appetite further in anticipating the succulent level of the burger. As I cut through the juicy beef and pork patty, the cheese though not very memorably visible in my mind has it's taste permeating through. The Jucy Lucy was ever more delicious than I can remember the Pulled Pork Burger was. This is a burger that my taste buds favor and would pull me back to try again once more when I get the chance.

The night grew later and patrons getting off work started to crawl towards the joint to have their dinner with their loved ones and family or friends. The area of Betty's Midwest Kitchen feels a little cramp with their small one shop outlet but does create a burger joint atmosphere. Although Aman Suria over at this area may be a quiet area but Betty's Midwest Kitchen and that Original Kayu Nasi Kandar mamak stall further down the street kept their place bustling with people.

We finished our meal and decided to head for dessert and coffee nearby.

Total Wallet Damage:
Again, something that I couldn't remember as I don't have the receipt with me and I didn't pay for this meal but the Jucy Lucy costs about RM19.80 and the Stewart's Key Lime Float costs RM8.50. 6% GST I guess is compulsory so it's charged.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Don't remember Betty's Midwest Kitchen's food tasting this good but it does. Service was average from the respectful staff but tend to be less attentive when the crowds come in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment