Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Killer Gourmet Burger (KGB), Taman Tun Dr. Ismail (TTDI), Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
107, Ground Floor, Jalan Aminuddin Baki, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail (TTDI), 60000 Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Opening Hours:
Tues - Sun: 12pm - 3pm and 6pm -10pm.

Time Visited:
6:45pm, Tuesday evening

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
The Shack - Chicken set with Salt & Pepper fries and a coke.
Actually, I accidentally deleted the photos of what I took from here and have to retrieve it back through my Instagram. I only posted one, hence the one and only photo I have of it. LOL.

Arrived at this place quite early without a hitch of a jam because most were still off on a holiday or something and so there I was 45 minutes just after they've opened for the dinner session. Feeling pumped up and ready for some noms which consists of burger, I walked up to the counter and gaze upon the illuminated board menu. Kinda have that McDonald's feel. Just that at that time, it was really empty. I soon went with The Shack and decided on Chicken over beef and seeing the many flavors of fries on offer, I decided upon one that I'm most comfortable with which is the Salt & Pepper one.

I sat myself down at the very empty venue with just staffs all around. The diner has a canteen sort of feel for me with it's booth seating and wooden tables. As I sat down for awhile, the restaurant manager approached me and asked me what was my drink again to which he checked against my receipt and saw that it was coke. And so he went to the fridge and took a can of coke with a plastic cup filled with ice to serve to me.

"When the cats away, the mice came out to play." That was all I can think of as I observe the going-ons in the restaurant. The staffs were all playfully joking around and chatting with one another, even taking selfies and stuff. Most clumped together at the kitchen area there and some were on their phone busy fiddling with it. The mood immediately changed when the boss of the outlet stepped in from the kitchen door. From a very noisy, playful environment, it immediately changed into a serious, quiet one in a mere one second.

My burger finally arrived after much waiting but the fries were nowhere to be seen. Since I was very hungry, I decided not to wait for the fries and start eating my burger. About 2/3 of the way in finishing my burger, the fries finally made it's way to my table. It was such a long wait for the items. Simply baffles me on why that happened. They squirted out some mayo sauce on a sauce dish and served it with the fries basket. The fries were unimpressive. It's soggy, lukewarm to cold with most and lacks the salt and pepper flavor that it's supposed to give out. such a sad basket of RM6.30 for some fries.

The burger on the other hand tasted good. The bun is branded with their KGB sign on top and was fluffy but flaky though and falls apart easily. But the patty was nice. Filled with shack sauce oozing off from the burger itself and mouthful of cheddar cheese taste, it clearly works for me. Very much. At least some saving grace from the long wait and the awful fries.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM19.20. It's a set so the drink is free. The burger costs RM12.90 and the fries - RM6.30. No service charge just 6% GST.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Well, it is a burger joint and the burger did tasted good. Just that the branch at TTDI seemed to be run by playful people and the food took quite long to arrive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment