Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Am Sande Cafe, Evolve Concept Mall, Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
G-11, Ground Floor, Evolve Concept Mall, Jalan PJU1A/4, Ara Damansara 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor

Opening Hours:
Should be Daily 10am - 10pm since it's inside the mall.

Time Visited:
Approximately 6:45pm on a Tuesday evening

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Spaghetti Napoli and Spezi (well, sort of)
Am Sande Cafe is not something new here in Malaysia because there's one that is at One City Mall in Subang Jaya.

Since I decided to check out the Evolve Concept Mall this evening, I figured I find something to eat there too. The place like any typical mall consists of mainly franchise eats such as Texas Chicken being the most popular there, Little Fat Duck, Teh Tarik Place and Sushi Q. I probably only saw 2 eateries so far that weren't franchise born. 1 is called Peninsula which is a Chinese restaurant that's located way up on the 3rd floor where I had no idea how to get up there, LOL, another is a Japanese restaurant which I don't know what it's called. Haha. Right next to the Japanese restaurant is Am Sande Cafe. Though it's hardly a franchise, still it's a branch from it's first outlet.

I ordered the Spaghetti Napoli to which the lady owner replied to me in a thick foreign accent which I can't tell which part of the world it is that there's no meat in the dish. I acknowledged that having googled my way to see what it consists of and knew exactly what to expect; a pasta dish with tomato sauce like spaghetti bolognese.

For drinks, I noticed that they had Spezi written in the soft drinks section and got me wondering what it was. So I took a shot at it and ordered it. Turns out, they just mixed Mirinda Orange with Pepsi. LOL. It's not even the Spezi soft drink from Germany. Felt a bit cheated there that they called it Spezi.

Anyway, being freshly opened from the not so distant past, the outlet was empty of patrons. While I was there, there's a table of four person before me. Then there was a person who took away a meal after buying a bottle of beer and another 2 old uncles slowly scrutinizing the menu before finally deciding to enter and give it a try. The place was blaring cheesy international music, some German oom-pah-pah music, some Italian music and some English cover songs.

My Spaghetti didn't take long to arrive and when it did, it looked very pretty. All neatly laid out with cucumbers and tomatoes at the bottom with the pasta and then what looks like tomato puree. The taste wasn't bad at all. In fact it's quite nice. And with such a pretty presentation, it taste even better. With this, I forgive them on the rip-off Spezi. LOL.

I finished off quick and off I went grocery shopping downstairs where the Jaya Grocer is. Looks like this has to be my go to place before I head home ever since the Presto moved out of Citta Mall.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM19.80. There's a 6% GST charge and a 5% service charge.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Although Spezi is basically orange mixed with soda, they should have just called it that instead of Spezi because it's not exactly that. Anyway, the food was not bad. But then again, it's just pasta that I tasted and it's not exactly rocket science to get that right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment