Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Eight Ounce Coffee (8oz, Coffee), The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
Lot F-06, 1st Floor, The Gardens Mall,
Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra, 58000 Wilayah Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
I presume it's daily 10am - 10pm

Time Visited:
8:30pm. Tuesday night after dinner.

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A Latte
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience. My sister accompanied me to have coffee even though she doesn't drink coffee after our meal at Tony Roma's.

I've lost count of how many times I've walked past this place and telling myself how much I wanted to try out this cafe. On the fateful night of December 2015, I finally managed to do so and that was together with my sister.

I merely ordered the latte without any cakes because we were planning on heading off somewhere else after this. Though the place looks great in the daytime with streams of sunshine beaming in from both sides of the place, it's a whole different ballgame late at night. It's dark and seem to lack the light facility surrounding the walkway there. What's more, there's not much of a view out the window wall since it's just the back way between The Gardens Mall and Mid Valley Megamall.

I placed my order at the counter with the sole staff at the back of the counter busily and hurriedly punch in my order and handed me my receipt. I sat myself down to the nearest place available. Since it's nighttime, there's practically no one that's seated there who's a patron of Eight Ounce Coffee; a very stark contrast to the mostly packed brighter part of the day. This would be a very good opportunity to savor the coffee as there's no one else ahead in line and I expectantly await for it to be served to me without waiting much. True enough, that's exactly the case.

The coffee cup that my latte was served it was a colorful yellow one with a blue saucer. From the artwork that I saw procured to me, I concluded that the barista is a very skilled one seeing how firm and clearly defined the coffee art was. A sip of the coffee pleasantly stimulates my taste bud senses which puts a smile upon my face. This is certainly a coffee that I adore. Moderate in coffee strength, perfect milk to coffee ratio, great milk combination with the coffee, pleasant artwork, excellent temperature and a nice lasting aftertaste.

It kicks up my addiction to it a bit but I'm strong enough to resist it. :)

Total Wallet Damage:
RM13. That's just it. RM13. It has 6% GST.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Very nice coffee. If it's during the day time, the nice rays of sunlight adds charisma to the ambiance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment