Monday, January 4, 2016

Coffee Planet, Quill City Mall, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
2-11, Level 2,
Quill City Mall, Jalan Sultan Ismail,
50250 Kuala Lumpur.

Opening Hours:
Daily, 7:30am till 10pm

Time Visited:
8:16pm. Saturday night

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Cafe Latte Regular and a Summer Red Velvet cake
Seeing that I'm already present at Quill City Mall, there's not many choices for coffee places that I haven't try yet unless I venture outside of this shopping mall premise. But due to it being already late at night, I would like to avoid going to dark looking places, making my way to The Row where there's a couple of cafes over there that I would like to try. Namely, Butter + Beans and League of Captains.

So then I settled for the most less of all evils at this shopping mall and that goes to Coffee Planet. Coffee Planet seems to have originated from the Middle East and have already 5 outlets in Malaysia including this one at Quill City Mall. The place look quite nice with piquant ambiance that shimmer upon the glistening lights above. Cozy and comfy looking on their furnitures and an inviting beverage menu board.

When I enter this place, the staff were eager to serve and await at the cash register as if they're gonna start a race. Since it was already late into the night, there weren't any patrons there except for one couple. Of course, there's still the option of non-coffee beverage but with a name like Coffee Planet, who would've think about taking something non-caffeinated? I glance towards the display case on what to have for my dessert. In it house just about very few cakes left and some savory pastries. I soon decided on the Red Velvet cake.

I look around for the most inviting place to sit and take pictures of and finally decided on a 2 seater next to a shelf that showcase the various coffee products available there. It didn't take long till my cake arrives with the coffee. The person serving me carefully made his way to my seat and unsteadily lifts the cup and saucer off the serving tray while still trying to balance it with the other arm. I soon saw why the spectacle made and that was because the coffee cup was really full with some of the liquid already spilled onto the side of the cup and onto the saucer. I do like the smile the guy flashed at me. Genuine looking and full of warmth which prompted me to do the same.

The Red Velvet cake slice produced to me was huge. I didn't expect such a big piece given to me. Certainly value for money being only RM13.90. The taste however, left more to be desired for. It was very sweet with the icing covering mostly the taste from the cake. The cake part in itself gives off a very odd raspberry sweet taste which I didn't quite like. But most of the part, the icing would've killed off the cake taste just like a lot of wedding cake. Pure icing taste.

The Cafe Latte tasted very weak. It leans more towards water than coffee. Artwork was shoddy and unpleasant looking and milk dissolve into the drink within minutes without me touching it. This certainly is a nightmarish situation for me. But of course, being of such diluted taste, it's not repulsive till I can't drink at all. It just makes me feel that there should be more coffee taste in it rather than water. And the cake, more balanced taste rather than just sweetness all around.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM24.80. No GST imposed nor service charge.

Final Verdict:
4/10. Though the plus point comes from the value for money and no GST implemented, there's certainly no reason for me to return with a cake tasting that way and a coffee tasting a not so preferred way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment