Thursday, March 12, 2015

TGI Fridays, Paradigm Mall Outlet, SS7, Kelana Jaya

Address:
Lot GB 15 & 15A, Level G, Paradigm Mall,
No.1, Jalan Kelana SS7/26A,
Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am-10pm.
Time Visited:
1:30pm, Tuesday. A quite dead time.
Attire worn:
Casual
Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
1 pint Heineken and a Mushroom Chicken Mushroom Burger
TGI Fridays at Paradigm Mall is neatly tucked away at a hidden corner where it's partially on the outdoor area to cater for some al fresco setting.

The place seemed pretty dead with only a table of patrons and full of staff looking as lively as they can be. I found and took a seat on my own and were handed a menu about 30 seconds later. As I peruse the menu, the staff carried on in setting up some of the place and when I was ready to order, signaled the maitre d' for my order since she's the nearest to me at that point of time.

After taking my order, she introduce to me the Pinch of Salt card. I see that TGI Friday's at Paradigm Mall is still a strong advocate of the Pinch of Salt card. This was the place where I got my Pinch of Salt card too and probably were the first few to have it. But I never bothered to use it.

The beer came a few minutes later and the wait for the food was quite a drag. It finally came to me once it was ensured by the head chef that it was cooked proper and that's where he served it to me. The head chef looks European and am a jovial and friendly guy. Even offered to top up my beer 3 times but I said I was fine.

I ordered the beer today to again test my tolerance for alcohol. But still seems to fail miserably. It took me quite a long while to finish off that pint of beer and I awoke with a throbbing headache. I wish I could go back to the way I was and be able to consume loads of alcohol because life just seem so crappy without it.

Anyway, as usual beers on tap unfortunately, at places like this (Fridays and Chilis) serve it like those English Pubs where they don't care much about the taste as long as it's served ice cold on a chilled glass. Well, without pouring a perfect pint on Heineken's allocated glass, skimming it and instead on a beer mug with freezing temperature makes it taste very flat. It's okay. I'm just ordering it to test my tolerance and a crappy beer is a very good way to test it because you tend to get less tipsy this way.

The burger were described as crispy breaded chicken breast, melted Provolone cheese and horseradish sauce topped with sauteed mushrooms, balsamic onions and battered Portobello mushroom fries. The chicken breast were nice and the Provolone cheese tasted like Mozzarella. I guess, Provolone is supposed to taste like that. Mushrooms were sauteed nicely but I didn't taste any horseradish sauce nor balsamic onions. The fries were okay but as it grew cold, it's best to leave it. LOL. As for the Portobello Mushroom fries, it didn't give out much flavor. Didn't expect it to anyway. Overall, it was okay. It's what I expected from a place like Fridays.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM64.75. Burger is RM28.90 and a pint of Heineken on tap is RM26.90. 10% service charge and 6% government tax.

Final Verdict:
6/10. I find service is better at this outlet. Kudos especially from the head chef. Despite being a dead hour, yet they still manage to be attentive to me. It looks to me the staff really enjoyed working there because even after their work, they seem to be hanging round the back. Or maybe there's a party later on? I don't know. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment