Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Chee Cheong Fun, Wai Sek Kai at Section 17, Petaling Jaya

Address:
Used to be at Jalan 17/27 but recently, due to a construction work to build a place where it houses the Wet and Dry Market of Section 17, it's currently at Jalan 17/29. Pretty, soon, I deduce that they may be housed indoor of the building but I'm not sure.

Opening Hours:
Evening time, around 6pm till late into the night I guess. 

Time Visited:
Around 7pm.

Attire worn:
Casual.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Chee Cheong Fun with 4 side ingredients.
When I arrived at the area, I was surprised to find the area where the old Sentosa cinema that burnt down years ago and was just left there as an empty lot being fenced up now with construction ongoing. I also saw that the Food Street of Section 17 had relocated to the other side of the road instead. But this time around, it looks like there are fewer stalls than how it used to be. :(

Anyway, good thing the Chee Cheong Fun stall is still operational and so I went my dandy way to grab my meal. After picking my ingredients from the various trays and boiling water, I proceeded to order 3 rolls of Chee Cheong Fun to go with it with everything on it. That means, it's gonna be with sweet sauce, chili and sprinkles of sesame seed. :D

I sat down at where the mamak stall is (this time they look a tad different than how I remembered them) and as usual ordered a Teh O' Ais (Tea without Milk but with Ice) when they came to take my order.

The Chee Cheong Fun never falters from it's taste. After so many years that I've tasted it, it still taste as great as it ever was and is one of my favorite Chee Cheong Fun stall that's by the wayside. From 12 years ago till now, it still has the same taste. The good thing is their sweet sauce which is great tasting unlike most other places that only offer weak sauce and the chili just blends in well without being too spicy. The ingredients that's picked and put in the mix is just as good and creates a better dish with the Chee Cheong Fun.

A lot of people also prefer the Chee Cheong Fun with the curry sauce dousing it. The Curry soup is actually for the curry mee which is handled by the man's wife operating side by side on the same stall. The Curry soup is not really that spicy also and goes very well with the Chee Cheong Fun. Clearly this place is never gonna stop being my favorite. :)

Total Wallet Damage:
RM5.60 for the Chee Cheong Fun. RM1.20 for the Teh O' Ais. As time goes by and with prices increasing, the Chee Cheong Fun too had raised in price. But it's still very reasonable and very much cheaper than a lot of other places. Like I said before, Section 17, Petaling Jaya is a haven for cheap and good food.

Final Verdict:
8/10. If you're a person who's not very particular and don't mind seeing rats crossing the drain once in a while and eating beside it, then it's really a nice place for food. Good and cheap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment