Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Yellow Cafe, Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah

Address:
Jalan Pantai Cenang, Pantai Cenang, PO Box 121, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah

Opening Hours:
12pm - 1am, Close on Tuesdays. 

Time Visited:
2:30pm, Saturday afternoon. 

Attire worn:
Casual, very. Because it's at the beach. LOL.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Grilled Skewers of Lamb and Peppers and Watermelon Juice
A hot hot day at Langkawi that day but weren't as hot as I remembered the last time I was there about 10 years back. This time around, a constant breeze from the sea swirls around blowing and keeping me cool. I kept myself in the shade near the portable air blower to cool me even further as I await my order after placing it with the waiter.

Being a cafe that's mostly painted yellow, the bright sunlight hits upon this cafe is almost blinding and hard to open my eyes. So the only best thing to do is to gaze upon the blue sea out in the distance to refresh my eyes rather than the blinding yellow surrounding me. This place is kinda huge with a walkway separating the restaurant in between. During the time I was there, the other section was closed and only this section that I was seated at was opened. I looked through quickly through the menu and find that the prices here are higher priced than usual. The food and drinks take quite a long time to get to me but then again, people who come to a place like this to dine is likely to be on vacation, like me and so would be in no hurry. The Watermelon Juice was a refreshing welcome to the heat out in the sun even though the warm breeze feels real good upon my skin and it revitalized me and hydrates my parched body.

When the Grilled Skewers of Lamb came, it looks more like a kebab dish that's all poked up. Pleasantly presented, the skewers are poked through Lamb meat alternating with the peppers and some leeks. There's potatoes around as well but those aren't poked through the skewers as were the green lettuce. A side of coleslaw is served with plus a sauce dish of condiments accompany the lamb. The lamb was certainly a charming delight of wonder to be consumed. Nicely cooked. Perfectly done, juicy just enough without going overboard in overcooking it. The rest was also a delight to munch along except for the coleslaw which by itself, isn't something really nasty. Just that I didn't really fancy coleslaw. Though the portion may seemed small, but it's adequate in filling me up and I'm quite satisfied with it. The condiment wasn't even needed since the lamb tasted great without anything added to it. It may be pricier than how I normally have but it's quite worth it.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM67. No service charge and of course no tax. It is after all, Langkawi, a tax free haven. LOL. RM55 for food, RM12 for the drink

Final Verdict:
8/10. Nice view of the beach from the veranda. The only thing is in the afternoon, you really need to sit inside because the outer portion shade actually amplifies the intensity of the heat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment