Thursday, March 9, 2017

Tasty Porridge, SS2, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Address:
No. 51, Jalan SS2/64, 47300, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Close on Mondays. 
Other Days 11:30am - 10:30pm.

Time Visited:
4pm, Sunday

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Cincao Ice and Chicken and Salted Egg Porridge
Due to intermittent rain on that day, it got me feeling very lazy and so I stopped work at 1pm. After resting awhile at home, I decided to had something to eat and probably skip dinner. So I headed over to the usual row in SS2 that I'm used to going and decided to try for the first time this place called Tasty Porridge.

Despite years and years of coming to this street and seeing countless of shops open and close in this very row, I've never once visited this place to eat though I'm tempted to do so sometimes but opted for something heavy instead of just porridge. But since today it's still early, I've decided to go for it.

As the sign indicates, this place mainly sells porridge, but I did see some other types of food as well. I think I saw rice or noodles as well? Can't be sure since I'm famous for losing my god damn mind and memory and also sometimes hallucinate and can't differentiate between reality and dreams. LOL. Anyway, I decided to go for their chicken porridge with salted egg. Their recommendation is actually the pork porridge and they also have the frog porridge as well which is a rare find nowadays.

As you can see from the picture, it's served in a claypot like fashion. Be sure to add all the condiments in. This greatly increases it's delicious factor. There's the oil, the soy sauce, pepper and fried garlic. Yummy. I especially love it with loads of fried garlic. The very funny thing is that there's this old lady who came by and asked me for money. D:
She kept saying she's unemployed and very hungry and wanted some money for food and said she don't smoke and what not...blah blah blah. Later on, the manager who saw this told me that she actually gambles. I guess she gambled all her money away. Tsk tsk tsk. The funny thing was she even offered to cut my hair and kept saying it's free. Why don't I want it. LOL. I know I have very unkempt hair and I've stopped going to salons and barbers to get it trim anymore because I don't feel the need to anymore. I don't care if I look like a hobo which I guess I do till she suggested to cut my hair for free. Haha.

Anyway, it took a moderate waiting amount of time for the food to come. As for the cincao, it contains no sweetness at all. It's just like that jelly with water. That's all. But it's okay. I just needed something to wash down my meal afterwards. The porridge was also okay but I much prefer porridge time more than this. I find the porridge at Porridge Time taste better. This ones okay just slightly less desirable as compared to Porridge Time. It took me not long to finish the whole shebang and off I go to laze off some more at Rekindle for a cup of coffee.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM11.35. RM7.90 for the porridge the rest is drinks and 6% GST and a 1 sen rounding adjustment.

Final Verdict:
6/10. So-so. Well, it's not bad in taste.

0 comments:

Post a Comment