Thursday, March 2, 2017

Artisan Coffee, Section 13 (Seksyen 13), Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Address:
Jalan 13/2, Section 13 (Seksyen 13), 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 8:30am - Midnight

Time Visited:
2:30pm, Sunday afternoon

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Creamy Tomato Beef Bacon and a Latte
Why haven't I heard of this place before??? It was such a rare gem of a find and it took me so long but finally, I had took a notice of this place and I'm glad I did.

Little did I know, I have visited their counterpart branch before which is the Artistry by Artisan Coffee at Atria but yet I never knew that their HQ was this delightful cafe hidden from the busy roads of Petaling Jaya. Going inwards in roads that leads to a very quiet area, Artisan Coffee is far from the busy road and caved in from the quiet streets where warehouses resides. It's housed in a former warehouse as well and I totally love the ambiance here. Since it's in such an inner road, the parking here are aplenty with nothing opened all around except for this bustling cafe. I parked right beneath a big tree which provided a very cool shade for my car since the weather outside turned from air-conditioning cool to scorching fiery hot since 10am.

Though outside may seem quiet but inside was filled with patrons all lazing around without any signs of them going off. Looks like everyone's in here for the long haul. The upstairs area overlooking downstairs is simply mesmerizing to me but I opted to sit outside and enjoy the heat a little. LOL. The toilets are separated into male and female but the male toilet is located upstairs while the female toilet is downstairs.

This place is actually fully self-service so after you've done your ordering and your payment, you're supposed to pick up your own drinks and food. The receipt will have your number and when your number comes up on the sign, you're to pick it up from the kitchen. As for the drinks, you're to pick it up at the end of the drinks bar. It's near where you can take some water as well.

The kind barista actually took my drink to me when I failed to notice that my drink was ready and awaiting for my pickup. Bless her soul. But I took my plate of Creamy Tomato Beef Bacon Pasta on my own. The coffee is on the lighter side and a latte would prove to be too milky. I should've ordered something less of a milk ratio. Perhaps a flat white would be better. But it's not to say the coffee's not good. Oh, no. It's quite fantastic just that my preference has leaned towards having a much bolder coffee taste.

As for the Creamy Tomato Beef Bacon, they weren't kidding when it says Creamy Tomato. It's very very creamy and rich in it's cheese taste. The tomato wasn't a dominant character in this plate but does provide it's significant flavor to it. All of it cast off a much balanced in taste that I very much like. But due to it's creaminess, I must say that anyone eating this would need to take precaution so as not to spurt any sauce onto your shirt.

After finishing my meal, I head on home to rest awhile before continuing on with work.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM29.70. RM11 for the Latte and RM17 for the pasta. 6% GST is charged.

Final Verdict:
8/10. I'm loving this place. I just like how it's hideaway from the busy streets and how marvelously serene in such a warehouse and factory like surroundings. I'm told that there will be mosquitoes around and I can see why with some greeneries around hence outside, they had mosquito coils at the ready down at every table. I would love to visit this place once more but I'll need my GPS again to locate it since I'm a little confused on how I got in here. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment