Sunday, February 26, 2017

Restoran Zhing Kong, City Centre, Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Address:
90-92, Jalan Hang Kasturi, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Not sure but according to Google,
Daily, 6:30am - 5pm

Time Visited:
10am, Friday morning

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
2 sets of Steamed bread and Kopi O' Ais (Coffee without milk with Ice)
This place used to be my regular haunt for my morning breakfast back then when I was working along Jalan Tun H.S.Lee. It's just directly opposite (or you can say as beside) the Pasar Seni LRT station. As you exit it walking towards Central Market, it will be on the right, corner shop. I used to after alighting from the LRT and tagging in at office, I would go back down to this restaurant to have my toast bread and Iced Tea. It was a daily habit that I undertook until I don't even need to order. All I do is just sit right down and they will bring me my food and drinks. LOL. :)

But today, I walked down memory lane again and decided to visit this place once more since I was in that area. The difference this time around is I need to find a parking place. As I walked back in this shop and started to sit down, I saw all those familiar faces still manning their respective stalls after so many years. It's only those foreigner drink workers that are different now. There's also that spastic kid who's still there who is the daughter to one of the stall owners. Nothing but old hats here when I visited which most are familiar to some of the shopkeepers while the some odd ones are just those that are awaiting for their college class, a construction worker taking a break and also taxi drivers.

This time around, I ordered steamed bread instead along with coffee without milk. The old lady still mans the liquor area where she sits behind the counter where loads of alcohol are displayed but I rarely seen purchased. Out at the distance, there's a big sign indicating toilet key with a key tied with string and attached to a sort of bowl for people who want to use the women's toilet. I remembered once there was an incident where someone's been in the toilet for far too long and so they used the key to open up the door. But that was the men's toilet though. Or was there a women's toilet back then? I don't recall there having any since I've never used their toilet before when I was working around here since it's so near to my office.

I also remember an old lady who sometimes frequent here to eat (or rather drink). She's this old lady so sell tissues to people around this area and she would use that money to drink Guinness here. She also has this old wives' tales custom and uses Guinness to dab a little around her face. Those old Chinese tales say that when you apply Guinness to your skin and when you bathe an infant in Guinness, the skin will become supple and youthful. And that old lady does that which sends her reeking with alcohol as she walks past. LOL.

My order came quite fast and although it's not much to look at, the taste was not bad. Though the steamed bread may seem droopy, yet the loads of butter that they apply on it is what I fancy. I do love a very buttery tasting bread. As for the coffee without milk, it too was not too shabby. It perks me up with it's sugary caffeine and was the right taste to my requirement. I finish the lot and went on my merry way to continue my work.

Total Wallet Damage:
I can't really recall. I think it's RM5.60 for the whole lot. Something like that.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Brings back memories of me having my breakfast here daily and this shop has stood the test of time with many old timers patronizing this place as well as some college kids from the college nearby and also the office workers around. At least this one's still here while the other place where I used to always frequent for breakfast in Section 17 PJ has closed down. At least How Yekee is still surviving there and thriving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment