Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Restoran Super Kitchen Chilly Pan Mee, SS2, SS2, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Address:
42, Jalan SS2/10, SS2,
47000, Petaling Jaya (PJ),
Selangor, Malaysia


Opening Hours:
Daily, 8:30am - 10pm

Time Visited:
6pm, Sunday evening

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Traditional Pan Mee Soup and Coffee Iced
I don't know when this got into my list but I figured it's probably the influence of my colleague who loves pan mee. But then again, she likes the one that's the Klang version where it's thick and it's torn by hand instead of the rolled out dough version. Anyway, I decided to give this a try and the nearest branch that's closest to me is the SS2 one.

Their main place is somewhere in KL at off Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman but somehow I've never heard of it before. I came here a bit earlier than intended due to it starting to rain. It wasn't difficult to find the place since I've frequented Chow Yhang plenty a times in the past but only just when I came for the pan mee that I discovered Chow Yhang to have relocated to the back shop in the middle. But this is about the Super Kitchen Chilly Pan Mee.

There was plenty of parking available when I arrived but there's close to none when I was leaving. Guess it's a bit early for folks to partake their dinner at around 6pm in SS2. The entrance door to this place looks dilapidated and somehow when I entered, I wasn't really greeted as oppose to later on where most customers were really greeted and handed their menu. I had to signal to the waiter to bring the menu after I've sat down. Hmmph. It was merely a one page menu with the back listing all the drinks. Though this place is about pan mee, there's also other types of dishes like rice but mostly pork dishes. Almost everyone will definitely go for the dry pan mee but I went for the soup one instead to have a taste. Of course, if you wanna add those chilly into the pan mee, dry on is the way to go since adding the chilly into the soup version will merely make the soup spicy instead of being able to taste and eat the chilly directly with the noodles.

Though it's just 6pm with not many cars outside, this place actually draws quite a fair share of customers and some of the curious residents who occasionally comes in to have a look at the menu to see what else they have to offer. It took quite a waiting for my pan mee to arrive and when it did, I saw that they give quite a big portion. Quite value for money for such a big bowl. It fills me up nicely. There's a nice egg given as well and the rest of the normal pan mee ingredients like anchovies and loads of minced meat in there. The pan mee may be averagely tasty but the portion more than makes up for it. The loads of ingredients in there also makes it worth anybody's while. Add in lots of chilly to enhance the taste and you're sure to finish up the whole bowl.

After that hearty meal, I decided to take a stroll around the block to see what else is there before heading back home.

Total Wallet Damage:
I think I didn't take the receipt and I don't remember the total price. But I think the Pan Mee costs RM7.80 per bowl. Not sure about the drink. Looks like I'm slacking since I don't blog much nowadays. Haha.

Final Verdict:
6/10. A nice decent big bowl of Pan Mee if you're craving to have some and you're at SS2 area since it's available till late nights unlike those hawker stalls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment