Saturday, June 11, 2016

Sarawak Kuching Hand Made Noodles, Ming Tien, SS24, Taman Megah, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
10991, Jalan SS 24/8, Taman Megah, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 6:30pm - 12am (?) Not sure. I used to eat here during lunch as well but according to google, it opens in the evening only now.

Time Visited:
Sunday night. 7pm

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Sarawak Noodles (small)
It's been a very long time since I visit Ming Tien to eat the Sarawak Noodles there. The last time I stopped eating it was because I find it too oily and it makes me feel nauseous. It used to be a joint where it's 24 hours operational but looks like it's stated that it's only operating from around 6pm to midnight according to google.

Somehow, this Sunday, I felt the need to eat Sarawak Noodles but I don't know where I can find a good one. And so I headed back to an old place that I have not been to for a long while - Ming Tien in Taman Megah. Why I stopped going there is because I don't really like food court food and the reason I came here last time was because I was with friends. I've even brought my family here before but now, I've stayed away from this place. But this evening, I decided to venture back there. Knowing that there'll be a Pasar Malam (night market) over here since it's Sunday, I braced for the traffic jam. Well, the traffic weren't all that bad. Not as bad as Mid Valley on a Saturday.

I illegal parked at the junction ensuring that I wasn't blocking any cars like the rest did since it would be hopeless to find a parking with the Pasar Malam ongoing. Parked, walked and have a look around before deciding to enter Ming Tien to eat. I've already decided on the Sarawak Noodles so I head straight towards that direction. As before, the inside area has lots of vacant tables while the outdoor seatings were full. It took quite a long wait before I get my order. It looks like they had a long queue awaiting too. Didn't know they were so popular. I also got the feeling that they actually served me first before some other due to me sitting just beside their stall.

Anyway, the noodles were just like how it was before. It certainly reminded me the forgotten taste of the wavy hairlike noodles and the clear soup that's peppery at the bottom. It's still as oily as fuck but this time around, it's not too oily till I feel nauseous. The dark sauce at the bottom for you to mixed it up was more than adequate. There's some char siew given with the noodles and it tasty okay with it flaking easy. Basically, it's good enough in it's overall form. Enough for the local Chinese taste for a satisfactory dinner.

Total Wallet Damage:
It's RM5.50. Cheap if you ask me.

Final Verdict:
5/10. Food court food just isn't something I fancy but whenever I'm here at Ming Tien, I either go for this or the Crispy Chicken Rice but that was years back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment