Sunday, June 5, 2016

Breizh Up, Pantai Cenang, Langkawi, Kedah

Address:
Lot 1, Jalan Pentai Cenang, Pantai Cenang, 07000 Langkawi, Kedah, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon-Wed:
9:00 am - 11:30 pm
Fri-Sun:
9:00 am - 11:30 pm

Time Visited:
Saturday, 12:30pm

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Sugar Crepe and Hot Chocolate
It was the first day that I was in Langkawi and I've just checked into my hotel. Eager to embark on this solo adventure for the first time in my life, I started to make my way to my first food destination. At first, I wanted to try My French Factory Cafe as my first destination but I was too early and it shows in my phone that they were not open yet. Anyway, for some reason they weren't opened that day. And so I decided to head to Sun Cafe but along the way there, I stumbled upon this cafe called Breizh Up that caught my eye. Though it resides on the 1st floor, the bright red canopy that shades the pathway to the stairs were new and looks so eye catching to me. Due to this fact, I stopped my car and started to head my way over there to have a look at it.

I soon decided to go upstairs and try whatever they have at their cafe. The place was cleanly and as neat as can be with a clear indication that it's quite a brand new cafe. Mind you, I tried searching on TripAdvisor and to my surprise it wasn't listed so I figured it may be quite new. The place is run by a Frenchman and his partner where the Frenchman prepare the crepes while the partner prepare mostly drinks and some help in preparation of food. The menu consists of a French name and an English name but the description is in English. I thought I would just order a simple Sugar Crepe and that's what I went with with the hot chocolate.

The cafe being on the first floor has it's advantage as from the balcony area where they've converted it to an al-fresco dining area, you can actually see the sea at a distance since the shoplots opposite does not have a 1st floor. It took a moderate waiting time until my orders arrived. The Frenchman and his partner were very friendly (actually, culturally in Langkawi, most people are very nice and friendly as oppose to the harshness of the KL City) and chatted up with me a bit despite their still struggling on mastering the English language. I thought that was a very nice gesture from them.

When I started tasting the crepe after my photo taking session, I got the shocked of my life. Though it was merely a simple sugar crepe, it's the best damn crepe I've ever had in my entire life. This tops my list as the best crepe I've ever tasted. Though I've yet to taste My French Factory's crepe which is just down the road and rated number 1 in TripAdvisor and also verified by my friend, I knew I've stumbled on to something really very good. The crepe was soft and has a fluffy texture. Though the fillings were just sugar, they purposed on it perfectly adequate to make it not too sweet and just right. The perfect amount to make the simple crepe pop and delicious. Over at the side of it lies 3 squirts of whip cream which also is the perfect portion to eat with that size of crepe. The day after this, I did try out My French Factory and my decision still stands for this to still be the best crepe I've ever tasted. This should deserve the no. 1 spot on TripAdvisor.

It's profile is actually almost the same as My French Factory. Both are run by a Frenchman and his partner, both specializes in crepe, both crepes are done by the Frenchman himself and both use their own home made batter. The only difference I would say besides Breizh Up tasting slightly better would be Breizh Up selling cheaper and their place is bigger with a view of the ocean from the balcony. So I would say Breizh Up takes the cake (or in this case the crepe) for me. :)

Total Wallet Damage:
RM22. Sugar Crepe costs RM8, Hot Chocolate RM12 and there's a 10% service charge imposed.

Final Verdict:
9/10. Just lovely. The best damn crepe I've ever tasted in my life. Next time when I visit France again, I must try out a crepe there to see if it can beat the ones in Langkawi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment