Sunday, April 23, 2017

Restoran Golden Kim Wah, Damansara Kim, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Address:
Jalan SS 20/10, Damansara Kim, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 6am - 11:30pm, I think

Time Visited:
10:45am, Sunday

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Chee Cheong Fun with 4 ingredients to go with it, a stuffed chili, 2 stuffed bean curd and a fried bean curd and Kopi Peng
I'm not sure where to eat while I was in Sungai Buloh because I couldn't spot any Chinese kopitiam when I was there. In fact, inside the kampung area, I don't even see any Chinese at all. Some Indonesians intro me to the morning market way inside the kampung there. Got really lost inside that area with it's awfully narrow roads. LOL. Eventually, I just followed the bigger roads and when I saw a bus coming out and heading towards straight of me, I followed along because since it's a bus, it's bound to take me back to the familiar big roads, right? I was right and it led me towards the road I'm familiar with and so I headed back towards Damansara Perdana but the kopitiams I know there weren't opened today. I guess I could've headed to Kepong but I didn't want to face the jam over there so I ended up back to familiar territory, Damansara Kim.

Though I've been here a lot of times before, I've never tried the kopitiams here before. Today, I decided to head to Restoran Golden Kim Wah. It seems really big so it looks like less people than the other corner's kopitiam but it's just that it's big while the other corner is smaller. After parking my car, I saw a familiar face who seemed to recognize me. After seeing her reaction of knowing me and smiling to me, I knew it was someone I knew and my memory needed a little jog before I remembered it was Rachel. I said hi first and she said hi back and that was that. I didn't talk further because I'm afraid of human interaction with familiar ones. LOL. And she didn't make the effort to talk more anyway so best let sleeping dogs lie. I don't think anyone would wanna talk to me anyway.

So I walked over to Restoran Golden Kim Wah and surprise, surprise, a surprising sight greeted me. The familiar sign of Robert's Char Kuey Teow is there! And when I saw the old man there, I knew that had to be Robert. Hmm, I guess the one in Section 17 isn't really manned by him anymore after all since that was a younger chap over there. This guy fries the char kuey teow full of confidence and style. It's gotta be Robert. I didn't know that he was based in this restaurant. Always thought that it was the Section 17 one. Anyway, the Section 17 one is also very nice.

Well, I didn't eat his Char Kuey Teow though. All I did was went to the Chee Cheong Fun stall instead. A lone aunty mans the stall and while preparing some ingredients, she finally notices me approached at her stall and starts speaking to me. She said that all her ingredients were just freshly made just awhile ago while she continues arranging her ingredients. I told her I wanted Chee Cheong Fun, the curry version and she told me that the curry version is very nice too. And proceeded to hand me a bowl with some tongs and said choose whatever ingredients I 9like. After choosing 4, I decided to stop and gave it to her to prepare and proceeded to sit down.

After quite a long while, it finally came. Couldn't blame her since she's the only person manning her stall and she's still preparing her ingredients. LOL. She was so kind to ask me have I ordered drinks and I said that I have. The 4 ingredients with Chee Cheong Fun costs RM9.50 though. Well, Chee Cheong Fun does costs quite expensive with ingredients though it's not something that can eat really full unless you choose a lot of ingredients but that'll cost you a bomb. LOL. But I do agree with her that her Curry Chee Cheong Fun is really very tasty. It's not that soupy like Ipoh style that I'm used to. Oh no. The curry is actually quite a thick texture and you do feel some heat to it. It's actually spicy. LOL. I love the taste. It's one of the top Chee Cheong Fun I've ever tasted. Definitely a really unique taste. Spicy broth and not so soupy goes well with the Chee Cheong Fun very much and the yong tau fu ingredients were an enhancement to it. Definitely a nice eat if you don't mind the price and am not thinking of a really full meal. LOL.

After my break, I went back straight to work. I feel so tired these days. Got scratches of my car due to my carelessness twice today and I almost fell asleep while driving in the afternoon that day. So darn tired. But I just gotta push on. A few years left to endure and hopefully I'll be gone for good. :)

Total Wallet Damage:
RM2.40 for the Kopi Peng and RM9.50 for the Curry Chee Cheong Fun with 4 ingredients.

Final Verdict:
Well, I love the Chee Cheong Fun so much I'm gonna give it a 7/10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment