Sunday, November 22, 2015

A-Lone Diner Event Special: Absolut Electrik Launch

It started off with me thinking that I was supposed to accompany a friend to this event that she was invited. But it turns out, I was so very wrong. (That's why kids, never assume! LOL) It turns out in the end of just me attending the event for some strange reason that is still unknown to me.

Seeing it's more like a clubbing event and it was a Friday evening, the heavy downpour had finished not too long ago and now the night started with showers of rain instead. To top it all off, the United States of America's president, Obama, were in the city and there were some roads closed off to accommodate his smooth passage. It didn't affect me much driving from my office back to my home again, just took me 15 minutes longer than usual. So since I was early at home, I decided to take a nap instead. The event ain't going to start early anyway.

The night started to waned upon my heavy heart so I just had to have my nap to replenish my energy and sleep my unhappiness away. LOL. I woke up and had a beer as my dinner instead. I can't recall why I didn't had dinner but I think I can deduce that I had forgotten about it.

Drove my way to the event close to 9:30pm and arrived at Mid Valley at just over 10pm. It's jammed like crazy in the vicinity of Mid Valley where shoppers and the workers there migrated away from the place whilst I congest my way into it.

As I was there, I got myself a drink where they're serving 2 different cocktails concocted with Absolut Vodka. One where they put in the blue ice in it and the other the white ice. The blue one has more of a tangy flavor to it very orangey and a hefty amount of Absolut Vodka in it while the other one, the white one, tasted more like lime juice or lemonade......with Absolut Vodka in it.

Giant bottles of the Absolut Electrik Vodka bottles were stuck to some tables as decoration. The event started just when I was having my first drink where the representative of Pernod Ricard, the company that produces Absolut, started to give an introductory speech once he was introduced by the DJ. I can see that the PR handling this is no longer the ones I were familiar with. They're all absolute strangers to me. Once the speech is out of the way, along came the mixologist's demonstration of the cocktail and invited two guests to try their hand at mixing the drink. The launch was then officiated and that was the end of it with just music from the DJ booth playing and some dancing the night away. I did meet one friend of mine there. But I didn't stay long after he invited me to join with him and a friend of his. I ciao-ed once I settled my second drink and tipsied my way home. Mind you, it was already midnight that time.

Lost my car a bit where I couldn't find it at all. I had to exit the parking lot, reenter the mall and go through the door that I first came from in order to locate my car. I'm seriously losing my touch in my bearings. LOL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment