Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Fierce Curry House, Bangsar Utama, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Address:
16 Jalan Kemuja, Bangsar Utama, Bangsar 59000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon-Sun:
10:30 am - 10:30 pm

Time Visited:
12:50pm. Merdeka Day!

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
North Indian Thali Set, Mutton Masala and Mango Lassi
Holiday and no work to do, not even part time work and so I decided to head on down to Fierce Curry House to try it out. It started raining when I parked and was forced to carry an umbrella in order not to appear soaking wet when I arrive at the restaurant. I soon sat myself down on the outer area and I didn't go in to the air conditioned area which is indoors. Outside, there was a college student counselor being interviewed by one of the college students I guess with regards to suicide. She related on how society condemns the tortured suicidal ones and that society as a general just shuns them. She lost some family members to suicide and something about one of them was her brother who's very, very bright or something like that and that suicide is something that can be cured. I phase in and out of their very long conversation as I await for somebody to approach me with the menu.

It seems that one of them is the owner of the restaurant and is busy with something with another guy at the cash register. The other guy notices me that I've been sitting down for awhile and not being attended to and motion to me to wait awhile as he continued further to attend to his boss. After at long last, he and the owner finally finished up their business at the cash register and the guy hurried to me with the menu. I studied it quick and started ordering the North Indian Thali Set. He said that it was vegetarian and I said it's okay because I wanted to try the mutton masala as well. And for drinks I went for the Mango Lassi. This is a place that serves both North Indian and the South Indian rice set. When asked what's the difference he said the North Indian set is non-spicy while the other is. Fair representation. That's quite true in any case.

It didn't take long for it to be served. The Mango Lassi was quite delightful. Thick and creamy with good mango taste and not too sweet. It may not be as thick as Tetra House of Briyani which is a place that serves excellent Briyani rice that leaves you craving for it at times but it's just as good.

Pretty soon, the Thali Rice set arrived and the waiter who served me noticed that I still had not gotten my Mutton Masala and signaled to some staff to serve it to me. They put everything sitting pretty in the Thali with 5 different vegetables, Vegetable Curry and Dhal, Rasam for appetizer some Pappadoms, my fave Salted Fried Chili, a Chapati along with rice and oddly enough, Kesari is given together with this set straight away though Kesari to me is known to be a dessert. I guess it's like those set where it comes with dessert like fruits and they serve the whole thing all at once. Everything's handy dandy and nice except that the Pappadom disappointed me a bit. It wasn't crispy and already gone soft. The rest were what I expected it to taste like and was good especially the Mutton Masala which I could eat more off than just that small plate.

The service here is quite good too with the owner going around making sure that things are okay with his patrons by asking them and he even stop and have a chatter with some of them too. I find that to be quite nice of him to make sure everything's alright.  The rain stopped before I even started eating and the scorching sun came out again after that. I headed off as soon as I've finished my meal in satisfaction. Mmm, but my short recall of the time had Tetra has got me craving for there again. Maybe it's high time I go back to Tetra to try.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM29. RM10 for the North Indian Thali Set and RM12 for the Mutton Masala. Mango Lassi is RM6. GST 6% is required.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Not a bad place to eat instead of the overcrowded area opposite, this is a more quieter side of town.

0 comments:

Post a Comment