Sunday, May 14, 2017

The Narra, Dataran Millenium, Seksyen 14, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Address:
G001 Dataran Millennium, Jalan 14/1, Seksyen 14 46100 Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 11:30am - 10pm (till 12am on Friday and Saturday)

Time Visited:
6:45pm, Sunday

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Embosilog & Coffee
I've never been to Philippines before nor have I ever tried their food. So this is the first time ever I've ever tried Philippines food and I can tell you it was good. I'm not sure how Philippines itself would've tasted for this dish I had called Embosilog but the one I tasted at The Narra was good.

After having a cup of coffee at Aku Cafe right in the City Centre, I headed to The Narra for my dinner. At first, I didn't intend to go dinner at all after heading home from work this day. I was all worn out and tired and wishing I wasn't born at all but I had a short nap and then forced myself to clean the whole house and then forced myself to go out since it was still early. Well, It took a lot of effort to go all the way to City Centre for a cup of coffee but that's just what I did. And after spending about over an hour there and am difficult to move, I pushed myself to get going and to get some food. About 15 minutes later, I ended up at The Narra. This place was so noisy and hyped up blaring Bon Jovi songs a very vast difference from Aku Cafe that I was in previously where it has the serenity and quietness inside. And being a Filipino restaurant, it looks like all of the staff are Filipinos.

I picked a spot I like right at the corner and I sat myself down then one of the staff brought me the menu. I just simply ordered something at random and ended up picking the Embosilog. LOL What's written on the menu on what Embosilog is was embotido, sinangag and itlog. Filipino-style meatloaf, garlic rice and fried egg. A quick google on it and the Filipino wordings is actually what's written in English. LOL. Embotido is a pork sausage, sinangag is garlic rice and itlog means egg. I see.

Though the dish looks simple, it's actually very delicious. Well, according to my taste. The pork sausage has some complex flavors in it and interestingly, I see some raisins on it. Not much. In fact, very little but enough to give out some interesting taste to the pork sausage which is to provide some sweetness at times. Interesting. The garlic rice mainly derive it's garlic taste from the fried garlic sprinkled on top and enough to make it appetizing just on it's own while the egg adds some girth to the taste profile.

I enjoyed the food very much and find it rather interesting. What's more, I feel that it's cheap so in Philippines, I bet it'll be way much cheaper since our currency is bigger plus it's their own food which is available everywhere. LOL. They also have some Philippines item for sale on the shelf which I decided to grab a bag of chips to try at home. Well, I haven't try it yet as I write down this post, so if you wanna know how it taste like, why not go there and grab one yourself. LOL.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM13.80 is all it costs for the meal with 6% GST and NO service charge. The bag of crisps costs less than RM5.

Final Verdict:
7/10. I enjoyed the Filipino dish very much. I wonder would it taste way much better in the Philippines? Hmm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment