Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Tom, Dick and Harry's, Oasis Square, Ara Damansara

Address:
Oasis Square
2 Jalan PJU 1A/7A
Ara Damansara
Subang
Petaling Jaya
47301

Opening Hours:
Daily, 4.30pm-2am

Time Visited:
7:30pm-ish(?)

Attire worn:
Casual. With my drink responsibility T-Shirt. LOL. I felt like an asshole wearing that at a pub.

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Caesar Salad and half pint of Asahi
Despite taking a half day leave and actually planning to find some friends for lunch, I chickened out at messaging my friend. Somehow, my feelings of unworthiness and feeling guilty to bother them where she would just kindly oblige my request has put me off messaging to get together. Besides, she's a very busy individual and I don't wanna bombard my friends with my relentless negativity and rain on their parade. Wish I can change the way I think. Anyway, I ran a few errands instead and coming home then plonking myself in bed before waking up and headed to Oasis Square, specifically, Tom, Dick and Harry's for dinner on my own.

It wasn't my usual self today because I ordered a Caesar Salad to go with a half pint of Asahi. And as I've said time and time again, I'm not a salad person. Yet, today, I've decided to go for the greens.

I sat myself down at the bar area since their tables all seemed so large and cater for a big crowd. As I gazed upon the inside and contemplated on whether should I try to see if there's a seat indoors that I wouldn't feel bad hogging the table with, the staff that mans the bar area has now awaited for my order. When I turned back and face the bar area, the staff did a Batman on me and was crouching on top of the sink. I find that particularly peculiar for him to behave that way but thought nothing much about it. After all, nothing surprises me anymore. LOL.

I then asked for the menu which he handed two of them to me, one for the food, another for the drinks. He then proceeded to tell me on the happy hour ending at 8pm and that's when I assured him don't worry, I'll be ready to order before that and I study the menu further. It bemused me that the Caesar's Salad description included the words, "Caesar himself came back and said he'd never tasted anything like this in his kingdom!" LOL. Unfortunately, I spotted the misspelled word of the dish itself where they put it as Caeser's Salad. The description spelled it correctly.

Tom, Dick and Harry's at Oasis Square garner quite a lot of people during the nights because it was almost packed when I arrived. Boy, people around Oasis Square sure like to hangout at Tom, Dick and Harry's to drink.

Anyway, my food and drink arrived fairly quick. A mere five minutes. Asahi tasted fresh and I believe it's drafted from the tap itself. Hence, a much more refreshing and less flat taste compared to canned and bottled counterparts.

The Caesar's Salad despite having just ordinary ingredients, it appealed to me and screams "Eat me." Instead of serving cut out hard boiled eggs, I'm so pleased and enticed that they serve a sunny side up egg in place. There's 2 garlic bread propped up at the back and bacon shreds and succulent looking chicken pieces permeates from the dish. Somehow the greens took a background approach in this dish despite being a salad. It's dull green color dressed with white condiment serves more as a backdrop than being highlighted as the star. I loved the bread, not too much garlic taste but yet enough to allow you a certain sense of garlic. The bacon bits is always a welcome to me as bacon is one of my most favorite thing to consume and it never failed in this dish. The chicken pieces were not dry and taste alright in all it's splendor and glory. Egg was done to perfection with a perfect runny yolk. The 2 types of green were decent to eat but gave off a little bit of a bitter taste occasionally. But I don't mind it at all because it's still nice.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM39.30. RM17 for the Asahi, RM22.30 for the Salad and these items include 6% of GST which amount to RM2.22.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Not a bad place to chill but being an outdoorish kind of setting can get a little warm if you're drinking alcohol. Oasis Square has always had a great ambiance and looks beautiful during the nights. Tom, Dick and Harry's staff seem very busy most of the time hence, it might take a while before they notice you and attend to you but eventually, they'll get to you. Or if you're impatient, just flag them down. I did notice one thing though. They're very attentive when it comes to see you finishing your drink and ask you would you like another. I've been asked a couple of times on whether I need a refill. Wish they were just as attentive to me when my food was served and when I started to sit down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment