Sunday, June 21, 2015

Namoo Grey, IOI City Mall, Putrajaya

Address:
L1-72, First Floor, IOI City Mall, Lebuh IRC, IOI Resort City, Putrajaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily: 10am - 10pm

Time Visited:
Around 11:30am, Sunday

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Yuza Tea and Bibi Rice Burger
 Suffering from a very bad case of depression yesterday (which I averted it by forcing myself to be distracted by games), I wanted to go out today and savor some of my "Things to try" list.

I ended up at IOI City Mall after 2 tolls and 30 minutes of driving. For me, IOI is the iconic mall at Puchong but this is a completely different mall that's located at Putrajaya. Hence, the distance from my house is really very, very far!

So there I was for the first time being at the mall and it blew me away. I didn't expect it to be this big. It has a cinema, a skating rink and bowling alleys! It took me quite awhile before I manage to remember why I was there and located Namoo Grey. IOI City Mall to me has the architecture that's quite similar to Festival City Mall. Geez, all the names of the malls began to sound the same and it's starting to confuse me. I'm beginning to think I'm too old to live in this era.

Namoo Grey has a lot of natural light beaming in from the sides and it overpowers the incandescent lights that glimmers above. I initially saw a large crowd upstairs and was wondering what's up there that people are starting to line up for? Then I later realized that it was just the line from the cinema above.

Namoo Grey's concept is Korean cafe. I've heard of so many people starting this Korean cafe business but had yet to see what distinguishes them from a normal cafe? Namoo Grey did exactly that. Their menu are teeming with items that are of Korean dishes and some fusion ones as well. I initially was thinking of ordering a Carbonara Pasta but later decided against that since this is a rare occasion that I stumbled upon a cafe that's actually Korean in their dishes. And so I opted for the Bibi Rice Burger instead.

The Yuza Tea came not too long and my first sip immediately gives me a tangy feel to it. The Yuza tea is mostly concentrated on the Mandarin oranges taste hence giving out quite a powerful citrus taste. There's also some sweet taste in it but I'm not sure what it was. I didn't really realized it because the cup was quite big but when I drank till the end, I only got to know that they put in some citrus peel at the bottom of the cup. No wonder the taste was so strong.

The Bibi Rice Burger came at an acceptable amount of preparation time and the presentation was nice. It had a flag stabbed onto the rice burger stating "Happy Father's Day!" Though I'm no father, I find it amusing that they presented it that way to me. The Grilled Rice Bun looks like brown rice to me but it doesn't taste like it. It holds together really well unlike the Rice Burger that I tried from Sushi King that falls apart easily. I see that in their Grilled Rice Bun, there's seaweed in it and I believe some sauce to help it stick really well together. The taste was very Korean and I'm immediately reminded of why I never liked Korean food. It's hard to describe the taste that I didn't like. It's quite close to Chinese style but not quite, strong and forceful and full of that wet sour taste. I don't know how to really describe the taste but all I know is it's very apparent in Korean food especially their vegetable side dishes and Kimchi. they also served two sides with the burger and fries very much like Korean food. One is the Kimchi and the other is the Salad. The salad taste  is nothing like a western salad and taste very much like a Korean dish that belongs mixing with rice to eat. Initially, it was kind of hard for me to swallow the food but then I discovered that the Grilled Chicken was nice, tasted just like your normal grilled chicken and you can't go wrong with the fried egg. So eating them all together with the Grilled Rice Bun was not bad. Acceptable to my taste albeit slower in my pace of eating. LOL.

I finished off my slow meal and headed off to walk around the IOI City Mall. This is kind of a nice place to hang out. Pity it's so far away from my house.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM37. 6% GST included which was RM2.09. Tea was RM10 and the burger RM27.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Despite me not liking Korean food much, it is a nice place to chill. Great ambiance, hidden away from the public where not too many people pass by. I just wish their service to me was a little better. It's not very crowded hence a lone diner like me can easily get a place without much of a hassle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment