Saturday, June 6, 2015

A-Lone Diner Movie Special: Avengers: Age of Ultron

Today is the Agung's birthday. Today is also my birthday. So that makes me the King! LOL :D How I wish it was like back in the old days where the King's birthday was 6th of June so that I'll get a holiday every birthday.

As usual, I would normally redeem my free movie from GSC during my birthday month and I normally go to 1U to do so since that's my most favorite mall. Been not redeeming for I think 2 years(?) due to the fact that my active blogging at my events blog has helped me to watch almost every single movie that came out hence there's none to redeem to watch or re-watch again. Besides, I seldom had the time to do so. But since late last year, I decided to end my movie watching since preview screenings and premiere screenings are usually late at night and I just don't have the energy to continue that late into the night and wake up the next morning for work the whole day.

Well, since I have not been watching movies for quite a long time and my retirement from my events blog has afforded me a lot of free time, I've decided to redeem a movie to watch. Coincidentally, I was so pleased that the Avengers were one of the movies that were in the free list. Since I have not seen that one yet, it's a no-brainer to pick that one.

Seeing that I'm lazy to go all the way to 1 Utama, I've decided to go to the nearest mall that has a GSC and that would be Paradigm Mall. Being up early, I was actually planning to plop myself back in bed and head to Paradigm Mall later but after being distracted so much by the Internet, before I know it, it was already 10am. So I decided to head straight to Paradigm Mall instead. Since I'm so near, I arrived very early and felt like one of the staff there with not many souls in sight. LOL. Not wanting to carry that piece of paper with me to breakfast, I hop into GSC to redeem it straight away. There were quite a number of people getting their tickets there and that's when I saw this one counter with the guy having no one there. So I approached it with hesitancy in mind due to the fact that I'm not really sure is the counter really open. Without looking at me, he asked can he help me in Malay. I then fumbled on my words as I handed to him the birthday voucher form. He then took the list and showed me what shows are available for me to choose and I instantly told him The Avengers. He keeps clicking around on the screen (not sure why he was doing that when he should stay put and just let me choose my seat). As I was about to choose my seat, he had a discontented look on his face and told me that I should have brought my girlfriend. I just laughed awkwardly. His colleague beside him then started to question him what's wrong and he told her that it was my birthday and that I'm spending it alone. Suddenly, the girl started to sing Happy Birthday to me and that got me blushing. She stopped midway since she didn't know my name. LOL. I then proceeded to choose my seat. For some reason, I'm not sure why the guy selected 2 seats, another one far back of the hall and on the left and printed both seats. Not sure whether he wanted to watch the movie himself or to give to someone else, but whoever it is, I hope that person is happy to be able to watch it with my voucher. :)
Then again, if it was the staff himself that wanted to watch, does he really need the ticket? Oh well.

So then I proceeded to go for breakfast at the Teh Tarik Place. I had a lot of time to kill till the movie at 1:10pm, so I was walking around aimlessly for quite some time until it was time to enter the hall.

When I went into the hall, I was surprised that there's already a lot of people there and that there were people beside me left and right as well. Usually, people would pick one seat away from the seat taken, but I guess it's because Avengers is so popular and I just had to pick the middle seat. XD

Watching the Avengers jogged my memory quite a bit on the Marvel Universe and initially I didn't recognize the 2 individuals that were working with Strucker but when they mentioned the name Pietro Maximoff and Wanda Maximoff, it did got me remembering them as Quiksilver and Scarlet Witch. I also recognized Vision when he came into being but had never really knew that one of the Infinity stones were on Vision's forehead. Overall, it was a pretty good movie. But somehow, I've been so disillusioned in life, I fail to see much difference between reality and the movies. Although you may never see mighty beings tussling each other in real life, yet you see tragedies happening sometimes even before your very eyes. I think I'm pretty close to losing my mind entirely and will become insane quite soon. Pretty soon, I will be unable to distinguish reality and fantasy and I hope I'll be able to end my life before that to save my pride rather than a man walking up and down the street talking to himself. LOL. Even worse, being admitted to a mental institution draining on my family's money resources. Yes, it's definitely better to end it before that time comes. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment