Saturday, August 1, 2015

Face to Face (面对面) Noodle House, Dataran Ara Damansara, Ara Damansara

Address:
D-G-29, Jalan PJU 1A/20B,
Dataran Ara Damansara,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Opening Hours:
Daily, 11:30am - 9:30pm

Time Visited:
11:46am, Saturday morning where I slowly get out of bed

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Omega Half Boiled Egg, Loh Pan Mee, Kopi (Cold)
I often frequent Dataran Ara Damansara for my lunch during the weekdays but never venture into it on weekends except for once a month where I bring my car over here for a wash.

And every single time, it is the early mornings where there's not many people nor cars in sight as oppose to the ever busy weekdays where parking is always a hassle. But as for today, the nearby hawker center, "Do Re Mi", was opened and as usual, many thronged to the place like bee to honey being the only Chinese hawker center within the vicinity to be opened on a weekend. But since my mission for today is to check out the situation of Face to Face - 面对面 (Ara Damansara branch) on a weekend, I proceeded straight to the restaurant when I arrived at the scene.

Although it was already 11:30am in the morning, I wasn't expecting that many cars since the nights and the mornings that I've been here are usually almost deserted yet today I've seen an unusually higher than normal number of cars on a weekend. I just proceeded to my usual parking place and did a bit of walking to Face to Face. The parking here are limited though not a problem on weekends due to the many workshops and car related shops that disallow anybody to park in front of their place unless you're a customer also this place don't have any parking charges at all! Strange as it seems but true. There's no meter for you to buy a parking ticket nor any signs indicating the need for a parking coupon card at all. So yes, at the current moment in my time of writing, the parking is totally free!

Though being a very early bird to Face to Face which just opened minutes before I walked in, there's already a family headed in at the same time as me. I was quickly passed a menu due to the non-existent crowd this early morning. As I browse through their menu, I was surprised to find out that they also serve toast bread even though they're known as a noodle house with pan mee being their main draw. However, I refrained myself from making such silly decisions. In addition to that, I've also haven't been to this place in such a long time that I just gotta try a noodle dish in order to see what I've tasted before is the same. And so I went for the Loh Mee. As a consolation for not ordering the toast bread to try, I decided to call upon the almighty Omega Soft Boiled eggs. LOL.

The Iced Coffee came within a few minutes time and sipping on it just got me concluding that the coffee is just the same as any kopitiam shop with their dark roast and contained with sugar to enhance the sweetness of the coffee. It's just sugar water coffee, mind you.

Loh Mee came after awhile and surprisingly faster than my soft boiled eggs. The Loh Mee was served to me with a vinegar sauce bottle for that extra oomph of a taste should I add in the vinegar which I did. The noodles tasted very refined, soft and tender but strong enough not to break on it's own. The sauce of the Loh Mee was okay, decent enough to accompany the great noodle texture where the vinegar enhances the taste. Seeing that I wanted a little out of the ordinary taste, I decided to add some dry chili in the mix for a little spice kick. Flavor-wise it didn't do much but heat-wise, it did spice up a little due to the amount I put in.

As lunch time approaches, I saw that there's a decent enough crowd garnered for this outlet and had underestimated on it's pulling power even though there are cheaper alternatives nearby and this place will only be frequented by those staying nearby on a weekend. I guess business is good enough to survive after all. :)

Total Wallet Damage:
In total, only RM14.80. 6% GST and no service charge at all! Awesome! RM3.50 for the coffee, RM2.80 for the eggs and RM8.50 for the noodles.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Easy place to hangout for individual diners since it's not crowded on a weekend. Pleasant environment with a few al fresco dining tables that's comfortable enough from the heat and workable WiFi connectivity.

0 comments:

Post a Comment