Thursday, October 13, 2016

Fatty Mee Hoon Kuih House, Taman Berkeley, Klang, Selangor, Malaysia

Address:
38, Jalan Bangau, Taman Berkeley, 41150 Klang, Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
I think it's Daily, 9:30am - 8pm.

Time Visited:
12:30pm, Friday afternoon

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A large bowl of mee hoon kuih pan mee with everything in it and a Soya Cincau.
DISCLAIMER: This was not a lone dining experience.

My colleague is an avid Pan Mee lover and she says her favorite still remains as Fatty Mee Hoon Kuih House's even though she's only ate it once. She kept telling me the smoothness of the Pan Mee and the tear kind is the one she loves the most which this is one of the places that sells.

Pan Mee is a type of flour noodle that is a Chinese noodle dish. It is like a Fettuccine Pasta only more doughy with it's flour taste. There are 3 types of Pan Mee which is the thin kind, the thick kind and the one that's torn apart which results in a flat but big rectangular shape instead of the normal strip kind. My colleague love the tear up one. And she's been going on about this shop like forever to me and I always fail to check it out. LOL.

So one day, she was going on about how there's another colleague who packed it to office one day and she's craving to go eat it again. And so I said, okay fine. So let's go then. Tomorrow is a Friday and we can take more time for our meal. And so she agreed to it. I followed my Google Maps direction to lead me there. Though it's pretty straightforward on how to go from my office, I still needed the map in case I get distracted and accidentally went to a wrong area. We arrived fairly quick and it was just our lunchtime period. Since it's a place with limited parking area, I dropped her off first to order and grab a place to sit. I soon got a place to park and straight head inside of the shop. The place was already full of people and we were seated with other different people to dine with which most tables were in need to do so due to the amount of people there. Those at the cooking area were feverishly churning out bowls after bowls of the same thing - the Mee Hoon Kuih. It's just a matter of what ingredients do you need and how big a size you want it. Since my colleague is a small eater, she went with the small bowl while I ate the large one.

Drinks were separately ordered from those that are at the back and I ordered a soya cincau also dubbed as the Michael Jackson. It certainly took a long while to get our food but patience paid off as it came to our table. The time it took for it to arrive to us is about the time our journey towards this place which is about half an hour. LOL. But it did pay off in a large way. As I tasted the nice silky smooth texture of the flour noodle and coupled with it's steaming hot broth and every ingredient in it, it just tasted wonderful. I soon found out why my colleague love this pan mee very much. No doubt, me as a non-avid pan mee lover already finds it very tasty. What's more a very avid pan mee lover like her. We soon savored off our very noteworthy bowl of noodles and headed off back to office.

Another noteworthy thing about this place is it's price. Compared with the one that's in Subang, this is way much cheaper than them and it has an egg in it too. I can't really remember what's the price but I remember it being way much cheaper. Mind you if you're a big eater, it's best to go for the extra large because the large bowl barely looks larger than the small one. And as mentioned earlier, it has more ingredients than the one in Subang. All in all, a very tasty dish and cheaper to boot!

Total Wallet Damage:
This has been sometime since I visited so I can't really recall what's the price. If the one at Subang is RM7, I believe my big bowl with everything is around RM6 or RM6.50. I can't remember which.

Final Verdict:
7/10. Definitely a good eat and worthwhile in savoring when in the area. No wonder my colleague the avid pan mee lover love this very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment