Sunday, October 16, 2016

Dining Hall, Bandar Menjalara, Kepong, Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Address:
53, JALAN 3/62A, Bandar Menjalara 
Kepong, Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon–Sun:
Noon–11:00 PM

Time Visited:
8pm, Saturday night

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
BBQ Pork Belly and a 100 Plus
After a hard days work which was totally worth it, I headed off to Kepong to Dining Hall for a try.

The way to the place was jammed as fuck but it's no biggie. I'm in no hurry anyway. Once I've arrived at the vicinity it was already 8pm but weirdly enough I'm not hungry at all. Inasmuch, I'm more tired than hungry. The place looks kinda empty but there are patrons there dining. I guess with an area such as these, with plenty of food dining places to choose from, this is already considered a good crowd. As I enter and sat myself down, I noticed that there were only two persons overseeing the whole entire area in the front. A lady that looks bossy who mans the cash register and a young guy who seems to do all the running around attending the tables, serving the food and drinks and clearing it. They didn't seem to notice me even though I sat myself down quite near to the counter but pretty soon they do and I was handed the menu. When I flagged down the woman to take my order, it seems that she doesn't take orders (or doesn't take MY order as I saw her taking some others) and she signaled for me to wait as she beckons the already busy young man to attend to me. After awhile, he does and so I proceed with my order of BBQ Pork Belly and a 100 Plus to rehydrate.

It took quite a while but finally the can of 100 plus with a glass of ice came and pretty soon I noticed why it took so long (or an excuse I made up to console my parched throat) and that was because it wanted to come with the food. And so there it was, the glorious food in all it's glory appeared before me with the accompaniment of my drink. As I dig in to the BBQ Pork Belly, it does taste quaintly nice but the odd sweet sauce which I believe is of apple goes in a weird direction if eaten with the BBQ Pork Belly. A pretty good portion of it eaten will leave me feeling a bit queasy as I devour further. This rarely happens to me when it comes to pork but for this dish, that's what it does. The fries were a bit bland but that's just due to lack of salt seasoned on it and was merely the sensation of fried potatoes. I hardly touched the coleslaw because that's the type I don't really fancy. But overall, I would say it was an okay dish. Maybe because my taste buds are kinda shoddy nowadays and that my appetite is slowly losing.

Anyway, that's my opinion on it, average. The ambiance looks kind of nice with some inspirational quotes on the walls and some of the decoration do look nice. Other than that, that's just about all I have to say about this place.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM30.30. GST 6% is imposed but not service charge.

Final Verdict:
6/10. Well, food is average, pricing is okay although there are pricey items in em if you want something fanciful. Just that I wouldn't trust this place to handle such high end stuff that's why I stuck with the BBQ Pork Belly. Service was a bit slow but then again, it's just that one guy that does most of the work and there isn't a service charge anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment