Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Coliseum Cafe (1921),The Gardens Mall Branch, Mid Valley City, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
Lot LG-216, Lower Ground Floor,
The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra 59200
Kuala Lumpur

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am - 10pm

Time Visited:
6:50pm, Wednesday night

Attire worn:
Business seeing that it's after work

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Lipton Tea (Iced) and Roasted Chicken with Turkey Ham
 Coliseum Cafe always boast of it's longstanding business started ever since 1921 where it's original HQ cafe still stands and is still operational even 94 years later. It's a cafe that has fused the Western and Eastern delicacies together but is not fusion food. Rather, it merely serves western food along with Hainanese Cuisine that has some western influence in it.

For the whole of my life, I have never ever try the food of Coliseum before and now that they've already established 4 branches, I thought to myself it's about high time that I give it a go.

The place is regarded as a good steakhouse with some of the best meats in Klang Valley to munch on. But as always being the odd being that I am, I differed from the norm and opted for the Roasted Chicken with Turkey Ham.

The Lipton Tea (Iced) is nothing special at all. In fact, it's just a plain ordinary milk tea where you can certainly get from a mamak stall. The only difference would probably be that mamak stalls are known for their awfully generous portion of sugar and condensed milk making their milk tea a highly likely contributing factor to diabetes while the milk tea at Coliseum Cafe had just the right amount of sweetness to it.

Coliseum Cafe also like boasting about the Lingham's Chili Sauce as depicted in the picture above that even their condiment holder has a special section stating Lingham. The Tomato Ketchup bottle that's on my table though is sitting at the wrong place indicating that it's supposed to be for Chilli Sauce. LOL

My Roasted Chicken with Turkey Ham arrived really quick. It just took around 5 minutes upon ordering to my amazement. However, a closer inspection on the side dishes of the main rears an ugly truth. The salad wasn't as appetizing as I wanted it to be and the vegetables and fries were merely lukewarm. This gives off a lackluster appeal to me in wanting to dig in more. The turkey ham though is what I like eating. It's a thick slice of meat but looks like it came out of a can. However, I can't be sure of that though there is a fairly similar facade to it. The taste though may be the varying factor since this taste a little bit tastier than those out of a can. The mushroom sauce that comes with it is adequately thick in it's taste thus I'm giving it points for that. The Roasted Chicken was surely the highlight as it is the best thing on the dish, moist, tender and delectable. Adding the mushroom sauce to it complements it brilliantly. Although the vegetables and fries were hugely a disappointment for not being hot at all, the chicken is at least at the right temperature. One thing I noted though is that the cauliflower has a buttery taste to it which is quite pleasing to my palate. The rest were forgettable.

Total Wallet Damage:
It cost in total RM40.10 which is not as expensive as expected. But then again, I'm only eating chicken and not their steak which it alone could rack up to RM70.

Final Verdict:
6.5/10. Although Coliseum may boast of it's fine steak, it's chicken is also not bad. And this The Gardens Mall branch is quite lone diner friendly with about 2 to 3 others besides me during my presence there. I really like their huge table which gives you ample space for your food and drink.

0 comments:

Post a Comment