Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ales & Lagers, Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur

Address:
D1-G4-6, 1 Jalan Dutamas 1
Solaris Dutamas
Kuala Lumpur
50480


Opening Hours:
3pm-10pm, Daily

Time Visited:
Close to 7pm on a Friday Evening

Attire worn:
Business

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Bridge Road Brewers Beechworth Robust Porter dark beer and Bridge Road Brewers Beechworth Chestnut Pilsner.
Course I didn't order anything to eat because after all, this place is just for drinks. There's nothing to eat. LOL. Initially planned this trip to be on a Wednesday night but something came up. I then thought that my friend really wanted to go with me to try this place out hence I pushed it to Friday instead of going on a Thursday evening but turns out I was wrong. Oh well. That's why I'm a lone diner.

This place got me excited when they mentioned of craft beers. Immediately, my memory brings me back to the time I tried Taps Beer Bar at 1 Mont Kiara where I experienced the most delicious beer I've ever tasted in my life.

But over here, I peered into the fridge that's filled with the many different beers available and was a bit overwhelmed with choices. I then proceeded to ask for recommendations instead. Hence for the Porter Dark Beer, I got the Robust Porter and for the Pilsner, I took the Chestnut Pilsner.

The Porter Dark Beer tasted very chocolatey which is not in accordance to how I like my beer. I then saw that this beer is made of roasted barley and chocolate malt. In fact, they use a lot of malt on their flavor profile and way less of hops.

After that not so satisfactory first for my taste, I decided to take the Chestnut Pilsner to try. The Chestnut Pilsner is made from the same company as the Porter Dark Beer that I ordered earlier unbeknownst to me till later I saw the label and as the name suggested, it's made of Chestnuts. It has a very mild but smooth taste to it and it gives off some oaky feel. A sweetness envelops it as well that produces a nice tone but it's not overly sweet hence being suitable to my taste.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM58. It's quite a hefty sum to pay for the beers here but then again, they are imported and are craft beers instead of your usual run of the mill go to beers. Each cost RM29 without tax hence the amount to RM58.

Final Verdict:
6/10. This may not be actually a suitable place for drinking since it is afterall like a sundry beer shop but cater for sit in drinkings as well. The guy that was serving at the shop clearly poured my beer expertly without sacrificing it's taste too much. This may not be a usual place like a pub to hang out and chill, but it is a place that's good to appreciate some fine beers that's not so common in the market.

0 comments:

Post a Comment