Friday, July 17, 2015

Menya Musashi (麺屋武蔵), 1 Utama, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya (PJ)

Address:
Isetan, One Utama, Eat Paradise, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily, 10am - 10pm

Time Visited:
12:15pm, Public Holiday Friday.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Musashi Ramen and hot Green Tea.
Their Ramen consists of four different broths which are Shiro (Onion Flavored Oil), Kuro (Special Oil combined of fried shallots and garlic flavored oil), Aka (Home made Musashi chili flavored oil) and Ki (Home made Musashi curry oil). I decided with the Shiro Musashi Ramen which contains 2 Chashu, 1 Ajitama (soft boiled whole egg), spring onions on top with leek, Bamboo Shoots and Black Fungus.

It was amusing watching them preparing the ramen. With the softened ramen in the sieve, they would flip it upside down and would let out some sort of a battle cry. It's as if they're practicing some martial arts move and it's quite a sight to behold.

Once the ramen appeared in front of me, it was appealing in sight with the 2 chashu on top begging to be eaten. They serve in a bowl that even consists of their chosen picture which are samurais. The first bite no doubt was heavenly. What my friend told me as being the best ramen he's ever eaten is true. I completely agree with him. He also told me that the P. Ramlee branch is better than here in 1 Utama. Better than this? I have to try it one day. The Chashu was thick and juicy. Nice porky lingering flavor as you bite on it after being soaked in it's broth. The broth upon first sip was mesmerizing. Full of pork flavor and not too salty. Just the right appropriate taste to mine. The spring onion enhances the flavor of the broth and the ramen is tender and pleasant. The leek and bamboo shoots provide some crunch to it. But unfortunately, as with most ramen, the problem is as time goes by, the delicious factor begins to fade and all that's left is a lukewarm bowl of soup with soggy ramen soaked in it. Hence, eating it fast would be most advisable as eating it slowly will epitomize this fact. Once educated by Ippudo on this to me before, I never realized it much till I compare the freshly made and one that's left for awhile. But for Menya Musashi, there's not even a need to compare. You can distinguish it as clear as crystal since the first few bites and sips of the dish were so delectable. This is one of those times I regret being a slow eater.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM29.70. RM26 for the Ramen, RM2 for the Green Tea and 6% of GST.

Final Verdict:
8/10. Love this place. Especially when it reeks of an authentic Japanese Ramen restaurant. The food is lovely to me. And just like an authentic Japanese Ramen joint, it caters for lone diners like me with many seats that a lone diner can sit and eat. In fact, I even bypass those that needed lots of seats like 6-8 because they had to wait till there's a table with that many seatings available. The only problem is that this place can get really crowded and you feel the pressure of taking up space when there are people in line waiting for a place. But the staff did not hurry nor glare at me to finish up. I still hurried myself because I felt so bad. Especially after an emotional roller coaster self reflection the night before.

P.S,: Oh, there is another problem with it as well and that is that their Green Tea is not refillable anymore ever since the implementation of the GST. That's a bummer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment