Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Raj's Banana Leaf, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur (KL), Malaysia

Address:
38, Jalan Telawi, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur (KL), Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
24 Hours, daily

Time Visited:
Close to 12:30pm

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Banana Leaf Rice set and Teh Ais (Ice Milk Tea)
It was the first day of Raya and I had nothing planned up. But one thing's for certainty and that is lunch. Didn't had a specific aim but just thought of eating banana leaf rice and so I decided to try Raj's Banana Leaf at Bangsar since I've never tried before.

Bangsar was crowded with people as usual even with the holidays. Nirwana was packed to the brim with the lunch crowd and if I were to dine there, I would have to wait for a place. But this day was for me to try Raj's Banana Leaf and see whether it taste good.

It's crowded with people but still, I managed to get a place for me. The staff came to me in a jiffy and I relayed my order to the person. Pretty soon, I had staffs coming over to my table and laying things in front of me. Of course it started off with the banana leaf, then came the vegetables and then the rice on top with my choice of curries rained all over it. They topped it off with papadoms and they're done with it. And so I started eating before my teh ais.

I would say that they were generous in their portion of and I somewhat liked their curry. The vegetables were well in order and decent enough for consumption and it's enough to cover my rice as I feast upon my hefty lunch. However, I would say that this meal serves merely the purpose of eating full and is not the pleasure of taste so much. Because to me, the food taste is just average. With the many good banana leaf rice in Bangsar around such as Nirwana and Devi's Corner and Anuar's Curry Fish Head just nearby, there's plentiful good choices to choose from before I would avail myself to this restaurant for banana leaf with their mediocre taste. With that in mind, I do find that their service was quite good and very quick and energetic to attend to you. This is something that you can hardly see when you're at Mamak restaurants. But of course, I think this is an Indian restaurant and not really Mamak.

Finally, their Teh Ais was not a bad order. It weren't too sweet like most Malaysian restaurant serve and is just right in it's taste. No wonder after a quick scanning around the restaurant, I saw most people ordering this here.

I don't really see a need or want to come over to this place to eat banana leaf rice. If anything, I'd most rather head on over to Nirwana's and if it's too full, over to Devi's corner before I succumb to coming over here. But of course, you can give it a try. Who knows. Maybe it's your kind of taste.

Total Wallet Damage:
The price has alluded me. But I think I paid around RM10 for the Banana Leaf Rice set.

Final Verdict:
5.5/10. Sorry for the lower than usual score but I really can't find a reason to come back here again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment