Friday, July 15, 2016

Lui Cha King Restaurant, Kepong Baru, Kuala Lumpur (KL)

Address:
15, Jalan Ambong, Kepong Baru, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Daily 9am - 4:30pm. Closed on Mondays

Time Visited:
12:30pm. Saturday afternoon.

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Lui Cha (what else) & White Coffee
It may seem unusual for me but I traveled all the way to Kepong which is a 30 minutes drive just to eat a healthy Lui Cha dish!

Though I'm known for my unhealthy lifestyle, I had this urge to eat Lui Cha on this day. For the uninformed, Lui Cha is a Hakka Chinese dish that's based on a green tea soup with rice added with nuts, vegetables, seeds, grains and stuff like that to it. It's known to be a very healthy dish due to the ingredients that are used to make this and the many herbs that's contained in the tea-based soup as well. Yes, I went all the way to Kepong just for that.

Lui Cha King Restaurant, from the name itself, you know that it's a restaurant that's specially dedicated to eating Lui Cha. I arrived just past noon and there's a half of their place occupied with it teeming with the older generation. Guess I fit right in. LOL. Pretty soon, before I left, it was a full house with many families in the mix and no longer just the older generation.

My order was quick to dispense to me. As expected, nothing unexpected from their white coffee which is one of those pre-mixed powders. As for the Lui Cha, I quite like the taste of the Lui Cha here. It has a slight herblish taste on the Lui Cha soup and some thick powdery substance in it. The different nuts and vegetables along with my requested white rice went well together as I mixed them up. I tasted some slight salty taste which nicely triggers my appetite. I initially thought it to be salted fish but turns out to be salted egg. Still, it was a nice addition that stimulated my taste buds out of those ordinary Lui Chas. There's also some shrimp flakes in there which is also a nice addition to the usual Lui Cha ingredients. All in all, I kinda like this one the most. Maybe because it's not as difficult to swallow as some and this actually tasted very, very pleasant to me. It's my kinda taste and is up my alley. Yum.

Since I'm not a person who's known to eat Lui Cha, I wonder if those Lui Cha enthusiast share the same taste as me and find this nicer than other Lui Cha as well? Hmm.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM10. RM7 is for Lui Cha which is steeper than those hawker stalls but is quite on par with places like MediFood and such. So I would say it's fairly reasonable and with a taste like that. I would say cheap enough. Haha

Final Verdict:
7/10. Despite my unhealthy tendencies, I'm giving this a score of 7 out of 10. It's something that I can eat more of and wouldn't mind going to eat again occasionally.

0 comments:

Post a Comment