Monday, August 1, 2016

Caffeinated Cabin, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
64, Jalan Gasing, 46000 Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Tue-Sun:
8:00 am - 7:00 pm

Time Visited:
2:40pm, Sunday

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
A Latte followed by a Mushroom Omelette and ended with a Flat White
A Sunday where I was overwhelmed with laziness. Hmm, I wonder if my sadness episode had anything to do with not wanting to get out of the house at all.

Anyway, by 2pm came, I decided that I have to get out of the house and get some food and try to motivate myself into making some extra income with my part time job. So then I turned to my list of places I wanted to try and Caffeinated Cabin came up next on the list. And so I decided to make my way there.

This place is hidden so in order to search for this place, the only indication of it was to look out for the salon Chezz which shares the same house lot. Caffeinated Cabin is just next door to it. Set in a mansion converted into a commercial salon with a cafe, it's one of those rich man type of houses where the first buyer would've had it at a steal because the plot of land here would've worth over a million by now. Caffeinated Cabin had a greenhouse type of feel where the glass walls having the sunlight coming in from the front side of the house and the side of the house gave a really good ambiance. When I went in, I saw quite a number of customers seated and chatting away with their friends and I couldn't spot a staff in sight. It's only when I reach the coffee bar located at near the back of the house was when I spotted someone there. Without stuttering much, I ordered a latte thinking this place does not serve food. The barista prepared my coffee with care which took a moderate waiting time period for it to get to my hands. Pretty soon, I spot the menu when the barista took a glass of water for me. I took a menu and browse through it. Initially, I didn't wanted to try out any food at all but after seeing what's on the menu, I decided to go for mushroom omelette.

The food are prepared in the kitchen which is hidden away with only a serving window visible to the back. That is also a door where you can open to enter and exit located behind the Coffee Bar. That too took a moderate amount of waiting time until my omelette came to me. I can see the effort the chef took to prepare it because it looks very appetizing and yummy. It looks full of eggs and cheese which are some of the favorite things of mine and sure enough, it tasted as good as it looks. It's creamy and smooth but heavy enough to feel the egg texture while having a melting cheese feel which to me is quite orgasmic. The side of salad taste good as well and seemed very fresh to consume and that side dish of tomato puree like item, I had no idea what purpose does that serve but I ate it as is and it also tasted good.

I was so satisfied with it that I ordered a flat white as well. Their coffee is very good and I never regretted ordering a second cup. The barista even produce to me a fine coffee art of a koala.

This place is a place I would recommend to chill because not only do they have great coffee but their food is good as well. Well, at least for the mushroom with omelette since that was all I had. LOL

Total Wallet Damage:
RM40.70. RM10.90 for a latte, RM19.90 for the omelette and the Flat White is RM9.90.

Final Verdict:
7.5/10. A great place to chill. I was reluctant to leave here but work beckons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment