Friday, August 12, 2016

Strangers at 47, Section 17, Petaling Jaya (PJ), Selangor

Address:
47, Jalan 17/45, Section 17, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Opening Hours:
Mon:
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Wed-Fri:
11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat-Sun:
9:00 am - 10:00 pm

Time Visited:
11:30am, Sunday morning. Last day of July

Attire worn:
Casual

Item(s) Ordered (Photos taken as inconspicuous as possible with my phone):
Spongebob's Crib & a Matchoc
Strangers at 47 ain't really a stranger to me. I'm familiar with this place and I've been here several times. But what I didn't know is that they've expanded to 2 shoplots. Business is really booming for them.

For the unacquainted, Strangers at 47 is a cafe that specializes more towards crepes with their very creative and sometimes bizarre combination of ingredients and they were really successful with their ideas. Oftentimes, you'll see them with a full house of customers and that's why I guess they've expanded to 2 shoplots. The reason why they put 47 in their name is because their shoplot number is 47. I guess now that they've expanded, they're more than 47. LOL. Once they were the finalist for the best cafe in TimeOutKL's food awards. Since then, they soared and never looked back.

A little taken by surprise with their expansion, I decided to visit once again on my own to this place. This time my order consists of the Spongebob's Crib and Matchoc, something sweet for my breakkie. With the expansion of their cafe, they're definitely more spacious than they used to be and their team has gotten a lot more bigger than before. The ambiance somewhat feels better to me now. Though keeping the same kind of vibe, it somehow creates an atmosphere that invokes some happiness in me. Their service was really efficient too. Immediately after being seated and handed the menu, I was provided with a bottle of water and an empty glass for it as well. Good service. My order took a less than expected waiting period as well. Despite their good business with many visiting their cafe, I got my Matchoc and Spongebob's Crib in quite a quick time.

What's Spongebob's Crib? From what they describe in their menu, it's a Sweet Crepe with Pineapple Custard with fresh lime zest, salted caramel, toasted crushed walnuts, pineapple compote and a vanilla ice-cream. The main thing of course with this crepe is the pineapple. That's the fuller taste as oppose to the other ingredients. Of course that one scoop of vanilla ice-cream is quite a dominant role as well complementing fine with the pineapple but other than that, the rest just zoom past me without me really tasting any hints of it. It's quite delicious and for just RM10, it's well worth it. No wonder they're so successful.

The Matchoc as you may well has guessed it, is a combination of Matcha with Chocolate hence the term coined by them, Matchoc. A sip of it indicates a very powdery feel of the Matcha flavors while the chocolate taste permeates the entire drink and is what I tasted the most. But due to the dusted Matcha around the cup, you do get the Matcha taste playing a role as an aftertaste once you've past the chocolate taste.

Overall, I still stand by my decision as Breizh Up and My French Factory in Langkawi having the best Crepes I've ever tasted in my life, but for Klang Valley area, currently Strangers at 47 has proven that they've stood the test of time as being the place to be for crepes.

Total Wallet Damage:
RM23.85. Quite reasonable in it's pricing too and there's no service charge involved even though they serve you from the moment you walk in, till you pay off your bill. Good!

Final Verdict:
9/10. I use to think Strangers at 47 was just a good cafe and that's about it, now with their expanded area, it has elevated my feelings towards this place to a higher level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment